facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1972 AT2 WIW

• broughj
  • broughj's Avatar Topic Author

1972 AT2 WIW was created by broughj

I have a 1972 AT2 that I have owned since 1974. The bike was stripped of all on road use items when I bought it and I used it for trail riding only. For many years it was stored in my shed. About a year ago, I got it out and got it running. It runs good, starts easily with kick starter. The electric starter will work, but is not hooked up. It will still cruise through the woods just fine. The paint on the tank is original and not in bad shape for the years. Front and rear fenders are plastic. The seat is original and in OK shape with a couple of defects in the vinyl. I am not really able to ride it any longer so I think it is time to let it go. My question is what might this bike be worth? I don't need to get top dollar, but want a fair price.
Thanks,

John Brough

18 Sep 2020 04:15 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by HouseofEnduro on topic 1972 AT2 WIW

Two of the biggest variables in value are: 1) title, and 2) geographic location. Prices can vary widely depending on your local market and what competition is available in your area, and bikes without titles in hand are often significantly disadvantaged in terms of pricing.

In Southern California an Enduro such as yours is plentiful, the value here would be in the $500-600 range.
18 Sep 2020 08:06 #2

Replied by MarkT on topic 1972 AT2 WIW

If you happen to have all the street gear (lights and gauges) someplace in a box, value might be doubled in many areas... title is very important some places too.

It's not like it used to be. In a lot of off road areas, you need a street legal vehicle just to use the trails... or an "off highway" registration which sometimes requires a title... :Ugh

So a lot depends on where you sell it.

Looks like a fun little bike! Sorry you can't use it anymore and good luck with the sale!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
18 Sep 2020 08:16 #3

• broughj
  • broughj's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by broughj on topic 1972 AT2 WIW

Thanks for the comments. I am not sure if I have a title or not. Too many years to remember. I never had it tagged, so I most likely do not have a title. I do have the tach and speedo that I did put on it after the pictures that I attached were taken. Other than that none of the lights, etc are around any longer. I'm in Southern Maryland. My son and grandsons are dirt bike riders here in a local club. They have newer, faster, more capable bikes and are not really interested in this antique. Maybe I'll see if someone in their club might have an interest in an antique trail bike. If I could get $500 for it I'd be happy. I really enjoyed this bike in my younger years. It was fun bike that never let me down.

Thanks again for the insight.

John Brough
19 Sep 2020 04:38 #4

Replied by MACE6772 on topic 1972 AT2 WIW

Go to the next club meeting with the boys. Take the bike. Make sure it is ready to run. Take the product to the customer. Word will get out and it will sell in no time.
76 Dt 125 75 Dt 175 75 Dt 250 75 Dt 400 09 FZ6R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 2fishkev, RT325
19 Sep 2020 05:33 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart