facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Effects of fouled spark plugs

• 2fishkev
  • 2fishkev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Effects of fouled spark plugs was created by 2fishkev

I ride my 74 at4 (Dt125a modified) 10-30 miles every other day at least. Always seems like I need to adjust the air/fuel screw and then idle speed according to the temp/humidity to run the best it will typically, I do it when the mid throttle goes flat as in too rich or lean. I was wrong. I cleaned the plugs, which were only 3-4 wks old with carb cleaner and then a wire wheel and then regapped to .020 on a whim. I learned something there. The flat running was due fouled plugs! These things will educate you if you listen well enough.
On another deal, I just got a free exhaust guard with a lightly used pipe off of Endurobay out of Utah. I like Utah...... I needed another guard because they’re flimsy and prone to cracking. Only 2 out of four that I have are usable.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: darinm, Gr8uncleal, YZBill
31 Jul 2020 20:57 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart