facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

MR 80

• 56mulberry
  • 56mulberry's Avatar Topic Author

MR 80 was created by 56mulberry

Hey all- glad to find you here!
Got an unusual bike-- believe its an 1983(?) YAmaha MR80. My research leads me to believe its a JDM only. My Buddy's buddy brought it back from where he was stationed w/US Air Force overseas back in 80's.
It ran 10 yrs ago but lost compression "due to ring wear." They re-ringed it but didn't do crank seals... So it was losing compression after few mins of riding. (this is all secondhand info from him) So they parked it and it sat for past 10 years under a lean-to outside. Tank is roached clear through from inside out with big holes. Carb needs replaced- sat with ethanol gas ate up insides, motor is not locked up. I have the keys and orig tool pouch etc. ITs 100% complete except for muffler guard.

Couple questions--very difficult to find info on this bike--even Google seems mostly stumped!!.
Are motor internals shared with GT80? Or some other Yamaha 80cc model...
And will a MX or GT80 tank fit it?

Just struggling to locate info on parts and really any info on this model. Especially with the square headlight. Thanks in advance! Doug

I posted in New Member forum but realized I should really ask the tech questions here probably

ns over here.
19 Feb 2020 06:46 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dwil4 on topic MR 80

Very cool. I have no info on this but ill bet one of the more knowledgeable dudes on here will. Good luck with this project and please keep this thread updated. We love pics here!
21 Feb 2020 02:53 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart