facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1 Right crank seal stuck

CT1 Right crank seal stuck was created by Mundi

I’ve got a CT1 that I pickEd up in average condition from a farm, and I was trying to change the crank seals. Started with the right, tried using picks but it was stuck solid, tried drilling two small holes and the wood screw method, but they just pulled out and damaged the seal every time I tried. Tried a heat gun and angle needle nose pliers but it won’t even budge. Any options before I pull the motor out and split it? Thanks for your help
28 Nov 2019 02:09 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by cwmoss on topic CT1 Right crank seal stuck

No need to split the cases. It will come out. You just need to be more aggressive. Don't be worried about ruining it, you already have. Get a small chisel and start tapping away, being careful to not get into the case. There is a thread on a stuck shifter seal that has some pics of a makeshift tool I just came across on page two. Just do a little searching.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pedalcrazy
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 06:00 by cwmoss.
28 Nov 2019 05:55 #2

Replied by darinm on topic CT1 Right crank seal stuck

Here is the shifter seal thread. Basically sacrifice a screwdriver, apparently pretty common for chainsaw repairs.

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...k-shifter-shaft-seal
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
2000 Suzuki RM100
2003 BMW F650GS
2009 Yamaha WR250R
2013 Yamaha XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, cwmoss
28 Nov 2019 12:45 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic CT1 Right crank seal stuck

Think i would have run it first & see how it pans out as right side is the last to fail as is bathed in oil. Anyway, too late for that--so with the sleeve removed that runs in the seal just get a sturdy screw driver on a severe angle & lever it out "without scratching" the case, it can be done.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56, cwmoss
28 Nov 2019 13:50 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart