facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Getting back into it!

• MudRock
  • MudRock's Avatar Topic Author

Getting back into it! was created by MudRock

Hello to the forum. I've been away from dirt biking for many years but still have them in the shed.
Finding this forum gave me inspiration to pull out the first dirt bike I bought new back in 1972, a Yamaha LT2100.
I'm excited to begin the restoration and getting it back to running condition with the help of the information I can get from the forum members. Also own a 1988 YZ250 and a 2001 WR426 which I hope will be next on the restoration list.
12 May 2024 13:08 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Getting back into it!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

from near Salisbury, UK.

Might be some manuals in the Tech Library.

Photos can only be posted using a third party host such as Imgur.
12 May 2024 13:14 #2

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Getting back into it!

Greetings from Tennessee. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

12 May 2024 19:19 #3

• MudRock

Replied by MudRock on topic Getting back into it!

I've been hunting the forum for info on the stock shocks for the LT2 100 and have been unable to find anything about them. One of my current stock shocks does not rebound well so I'm looking for replacements. I've seen many so-called replacements for the stock shocks but they don't provide any specs on their replacements other then their length (bolt-to-bolt) and that "they fit".  Does anyone know what the spring rates are for the LT2 stock shocks? ... Or a reliable source to get a reasonably priced true replacement?

12 Jun 2024 10:35 #4

Replied by MarkT on topic Getting back into it!

My first "real" bike was also an LT2!  I have one in indoor storage that needs a ton of work to make original and I'll probably never finish it.  I was just there yesterday, I can look next time and see what kind of shocks are on it and what shape they're in.  I'm pretty sure they are the original shocks in decent shape? 

I'd be willing to sell them if you need them to complete your bike.  I plan on getting back over there in about a week or so after this heat wave backs off...  it's about 90 miles away...  it was too hot yesterday to finish the work I wanted to get done. 
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
12 Jun 2024 10:51 #5

• MudRock

Replied by MudRock on topic Getting back into it!

Thanks for the offer!  If those shocks still work okay and aren't rusted out, I might be interested. I've got a lot of work ahead of me so no rush.  I'd still like to know the stock spring rates for future reference if anyone knows.
13 Jun 2024 10:30 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart