facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

3 red wires on dt250a

Replied by Steve F on topic 3 red wires on dt250a

So you didn't flush your oil tank before hooking it back up?
You should remove the tank & do that step, make sure your lines are clear & somehow back flush your pump.
No ideas on how you might do that, Deet is the guy to help with that issue. Please post how you cleared the pump when done. Thanks!
1974 DT250A
1974 DT250A
1977 IT175D "Alex"
1978 IT175E
1972 DT2 "Adam"
1973 DT3
"And there ya have it"
26 Jun 2016 07:08 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jewelkutter on topic 3 red wires on dt250a

Good morning everyone, 
after reading this post, I'm wondering about the battery connections, I notice on the new harness at the back of the bike 3 red wires , one red is more toward the front of the harness right next to a black , I'm was assuming these 2 wires red and black right next to each other, coming out of the main harness were for the positive and negative of the battery,  but after reading the post 3 Red Wires On Dt250a , I'm scratching my head again , I'm going to try inserting a Pic of the fuse plugged into 2 reds , more than likely I've got it wrong,  I'm hoping you guys can shed a little more light on this for me. Also I was reading a post that , I think MarkT mentioned there is a black coming out of the harness up near the coil that is for Checking points? and not to hook it up because there would be no spark it it was hooked up Not sure .. would it be the black wire with the open ring connector in the picture near the coil? I take back what I said about this being simple.
I appreciate all your help
thank you
John
14 May 2023 08:04 #12

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Jewelkutter on topic 3 red wires on dt250a

Thank you to Ericb1318 for sharing this
14 May 2023 08:07 #13

Replied by DEET on topic 3 red wires on dt250a

Wire connections and harness layout are in the service manual.

Vintage Yamaha Enduro Fans - 74 DT250-DT360 Factory Service Manual (yamaha-enduros.com)

The "black wire for checking points" is not on the 1974 DT250.

"Ring connector" is the frame ground.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., Jewelkutter
Last edit: 14 May 2023 18:56 by DEET.
14 May 2023 18:54 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart