facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

New here... Project 1975 Yamaha DT400 Enduro

Welcome aboard and out of curiosity , how did you put the whole bike on the stand ? I have a small frame ..lifting the whole bike up and put it on the stand is going to be an issue for sure...hmmmm.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: d-meng
Last edit: 09 Sep 2022 12:59 by Le7316.
09 Sep 2022 12:59 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• d-meng
  • d-meng's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the advice!!! Plan on tearing the engine down to the crank as it needs new bearings. Anyone convince me to or not to delete the oil injection pump? I have reasons why I feel I won’t need it…. Cleaner look without oil tank, not planning on any real long trips with this bike, less parts to have to buy as I think I will need to rebuild pump and need and new cable…
Last edit: 25 Sep 2022 16:02 by d-meng.
25 Sep 2022 14:59 #12

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• d-meng
Cheap harbor freight stand, you can lift the rear end up onto the stand. Really not too heavy or high to lift.
25 Sep 2022 15:07 #13

• d-meng
Yes it s my first Yamaha, I am a mechanic so most mechanical issues shouldn’t be that bad but I know from experience is that no matter how good you are you can still make mistakes 1st time. I’m here for all the advice you guys have to give and am appreciative of that as stuff like these old yami 2 strokes are becoming a thing of the past!!!
25 Sep 2022 15:19 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart