facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT400B - Indicators

• Jammyyammy
  • Jammyyammy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Jammyyammy on topic 1975 DT400B - Indicators

Hi Pete - I’ve tried to send you a private message before, but not too sure I managed to do it correctly!
I hope this works!
I hope you are well.
I’ve managed to get hold of a much better plastic front mudguard for my DT400, so am nearly in a position to get a spray shop to paint all my silver parts!
A couple of questions if I may....
What was the name/code of the silver paint you used? I remember it was pretty close to my silver wasn’t it? Would you recommend it and will any spray shop be able to get hold of it?
My other question is - I bought 5 litres of evaporust as I would like to get the rust out of the seems on the rear mudguard. Shall I evaporust first, then take it to get blasted or get it blasted, then evaporust it?
I’m thinking the former because after getting it blasted, I would like to get it immediately zinc primered to stop the rust reappearing. But if I do the evaporust first, how do I stop the rust from reappearing inside the seams? I would like to Krust it, but it wouldn’t get inside the seams...
I will probably go to microblast services. I think there is spray shop next door to them?
Thanks for your time. Any more advice you can give me is greatfully received...
Cheers, Phil
12 May 2021 12:46 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart