facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

electrical weirdness, garbage night

• msavitt
  • msavitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

electrical weirdness, garbage night was created by msavitt

Hi,
Everything electrical on my 74 DT360 working perfectly.
Blew a low beam so I put a 6V regulator from a later model Yamaha onto blue wire in headlight shell that goes on and off with "lights" switch on left side switch.
Prior to this the rear tail light and headlight was running off AC only, now when i turn the ignition "on" the rear tail light goes on. SO weird, everything still working perfectly, but somehow the batter is now back-feeding the AC side...i think :-)

Any ideas / similar experiences on this appreciated....but wow does this bike ride smooth and the cruz idle (or maybe me) seems to be settling down

Bike had 2700 miles when i bought it and the original Dunlap Trails Universals are still looking good, but I put on new tires, wheel bearings, seals, cleaned up / lubed the brakes, all very smooth and cool. Should i toss the old Dunlaps in the recycling bin tonight? Or would anyone see any value in these? I ask because i also have a few Bug wheels on the side of the house and i don't want to accumulate too much shit unnecessarily

thanks
16 Aug 2020 19:32 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by apex on topic electrical weirdness, garbage night

Not backfeeding the tail light, it's powered by the common brown wire battery circuit when the key is in position II. See the diagram below:

I would keep those tires.
Allrighty Then
16 Aug 2020 22:56 #2

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by darinm on topic electrical weirdness, garbage night

I'd swap to new tires for safety and new brake shoes too if you have not done that. They can delaminate and lock the brakes while riding.
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
2000 Suzuki RM100
2003 BMW F650GS
2009 Yamaha WR250R
2013 Yamaha XT250
17 Aug 2020 17:55 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart