facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 Dt400 clutch push rod

1975 Dt400 clutch push rod was created by Rapo

Hi
Can any one shed any light on which way the clutch rod goes in? as there is a difference in the ends of the rod and in the manuel i cant see any instruction to guide me .
Kind regards John
16 May 2020 02:02 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1975 Dt400 clutch push rod

If it helps, attached is a picture of the part off my 1975 RD125 and the end shown goes into the bowels of the clutch to operate it.

16 May 2020 03:13 #2

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 Dt400 clutch push rod

Does it have that strange pushrod like in the link as has to go in before the left case is fitted to the right as is too fat to go in from the clutch end but think its the same both ends of that rod with the fat bit same each end as in the link below. It shows a ball bearing between the clutch mushroom bit & the pushrod so it'll be a large ball to match the pushrod en or it'll flop around. Here's a random pic of a rod with the ball but looks like the end has gone missing from one end unless it's my computer screen. Second pic show another random one that looks complete. Actually, editing to say, looking at the first one again i think both ends are there & it's just the camera long shot angle confusing me.
www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/50...clutch-250b-c-400b-c
Last edit: 16 May 2020 04:14 by RT325.
16 May 2020 03:45 #3

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Just to clear up "or confuse" what i said. If you're assembling the motor into the right case the pushrod "& ball" has to go in before left half case is fitted. On the other hand if your assembling the gears into the left half then fitting the right case then it still has to go in "with ball" before you drop the shaft into the left case. Seems a crazy idea & i clearly remember a workmate assembling one model with that setup--think it was a 250--but got the cases sealed up then went to fit the pushrod in the normal fashion & damn thing wouldn't go in. He sure wasn't a happy camper that day but i'd have possibly made the same mistake. Re-thinking & hope not to confuse anymore, if you mean there's a dimple left from the ball bearing then fit it in so the dimple is the clutch end so ball sits in the self made dimple & the mushroom probably has a dimple too, just from wear & pressure from operating the clutch.
Last edit: 16 May 2020 04:32 by RT325.
16 May 2020 04:25 #4

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1975 Dt400 clutch push rod

Yes, looking at RT325's replies, totally different set up to the photo I showed.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
16 May 2020 04:42 #5

Sorry, yeah i do get a bit carried away with my replies lol, but reminded me of that day at work in "74 or thereabouts. Great times & learning curves--well not always great haha.
16 May 2020 04:48 #6

Replied by Rapo on topic 1975 Dt400 clutch push rod

Thanks for the quick response fellas I think I have done it right I fitted the rod in with the flatter end in towards the mushroom as this seem to make more sense for the ballbearing to sit up against .
Regards John
16 May 2020 04:57 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart