facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Multimeter

• Free
  • Free's Avatar Topic Author

Multimeter was created by Free

I'm looking for a multimeter....I can't find the one listed in the manual (the yamaha pocket tester)....and I'm not supposed to use a digital.

What are you guys using?
1975 DT175
Last edit: 15 May 2020 01:41 by Free.
06 May 2020 21:25 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Replied by MarkT on topic Multimeter

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=164186706896&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by JimA on topic Multimeter

If you just need one to set the points, I used a test light with a 12 volt tail light bulb in it and powered it off of the battery. The light will dim when the points open, but does not go off completely. I have used my digital meter for everything else.
07 May 2020 18:43 #3

• Free

Replied by Free on topic Multimeter

I'm trying to take in a bunch of info (new to me) and I read somewhere the magneto or something interferes with the digital reading...maybe its all readings.
1975 DT175
08 May 2020 22:16 #4

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Multimeter

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=164186706896&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Free

Replied by Free on topic Multimeter

Well I get the yamaha pocket tester and this is what I find when I go to check if it takes batteries....

I'm guessing it was supposed to take two batteries and to was altered and then had a little fire. smh. idk. Some people really suck some times.
1975 DT175
Last edit: 14 May 2020 20:43 by Free.
14 May 2020 20:28 #6

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart