facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Differences between US & Euro/Jap specs

Replied by Andy L on topic Differences between US & Euro/Jap specs

Hi folks for the responses I've had so far regarding UK spec tail light bracket I am trying to find. The part number is 458-84558-30-20. The important bit of the part number is the 84558. The part I'm after is not the flat plate that the tail light and licence plate are attached to, what I would like is the bracket that goes BETWEEN the flat plate and the rear fender/mudguard. Not too sure how well the attached pictures have com out, but its basically the part No. 10 on the diagram and parts list. Thanks again, Andy.
09 May 2020 06:46 #21

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Differences between US & Euro/Jap specs

Andy

That's the bulb mounting plate then?

Alan
09 May 2020 07:15 #22

Replied by Andy L on topic Differences between US & Euro/Jap specs

Hello Alan,

There are no electrics involved with the piece I need, it's simply a piece of metal bracket. Imagine if you just took the back number/licence plate and bolted it straight on to the fender/mudguard it would be useless because it would be facing pretty much up towards the sky. The metal bracket I need bolts to the curved outer surface of the fender/mudguard, and when the flat number/licence plate is in turn bolted to the bracket the number/licence plate (and tail light of course) will be facing correctly backwards at 90 degrees to the ground.

Hope this helps, Andy. P.S. the reason why I said originally finding this piece through a US based forum was a 'long shot' was because I know the US spec bike has a totally different tail lamp layout to my U.K. model. I guess I'm hoping maybe one of the readers of this thread may be based here in the U.K./Europe. Also of course just maybe, in the back of one of those big ol' barns you guys have in the US there might just be a U.K. spec bike being broken for parts...….no harm in dreamin'...!!
09 May 2020 14:42 #23

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Differences between US & Euro/Jap specs

I'm with you now - that'll learn me (as we say down 'ere!) to try and read something at 90 degrees!

That bracket is probably just for the DTs then, as on the road bikes the light bolts directly to the mudguard.

I'm always scavenging for bits, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

I'm guessing forum member Easy-X will be keeping his for when he sells the bike on.
10 May 2020 00:17 #24

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart