facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Petcock Lever O-Ring

• Silo7
  • Silo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Petcock Lever O-Ring was created by Silo7

Does anyone know the size of the petcock lever o-ring? Also, is the size part of the part#? I know how to get bolt sizes but don’t want to assume on the o-ring. Also, seems to be quite fussy on the exact size or leaks occur. The forum does have a part number breakdown but this didn’t help me. #214-24513-00-00, 74,75,76 DT 175,250’s.

Thank you
Last edit: 08 Apr 2020 05:09 by Silo7.
08 Apr 2020 05:08 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

What bike are you asking about? Some of the petcocks have an O-ring in the lever in addition to the O-ring between the tank and the lever; which O-ring are you wanting to know about?
08 Apr 2020 10:35 #2

• Silo7
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Silo7 on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

All of my bikes use the same part# 214-24513-00-00, it is the only o-ring used on these with the exception of the “formed” seal used to mount to tank. It is located on the lever casting itself, not the body. It is part #30, attaching to #31 in pic attached.
08 Apr 2020 11:04 #3

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

Got it. Thanks. I have a lot of the badge bikes which don't use that O-ring, which was why I was asking.
I suggest you PM DEET or Enduronut and ask them. They seem to know a great deal about sizes and substitute parts. One of them might even have an NOS part; I know they both stock a lot of "unobtainium" parts...
08 Apr 2020 11:16 #4

Replied by RT325 on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

29 is the start of any fuel leak past the lever whether dripping on the floor or not shutting off into the carb [although if float valve is working then that doesn't matter so much]. But out past the lever then replace 29 & the Oring. sometimes you can sort of get a second life out of 29 by flipping it over but not the best plan in the longterm.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
08 Apr 2020 14:44 #5

• Silo7
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Silo7 on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

Your correct, 29 in hand and wavy washer to ensure contact. Just wanting to document actual size of the o-ring for future builds. The NOS are expensive and elusive, want an inventory of these to prevent cost and delays. Thanks for the comment, it is for sure a true statement.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
08 Apr 2020 21:09 #6

Replied by Rick C. on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

I always replace #29, #32, #35, and #38. always if you are there.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
08 Apr 2020 21:44 #7

Replied by yamahoper on topic Petcock Lever O-Ring

I have tried to replace the internal parts with standard -metric and sae orings. I tried oem parts from speed n sport. I have tried repair kits from e-bay. All with limited success. I gave up and started buying complete petcocks, some cheap some expensive (oem Yamaha). I removed an o ring from a 1975 DT250 petcock It measured (all in M.M.) ID 24.5 OD 27.5 CS 1.5 The part number is 214-24513-00-00. The ID could be the first three of the second group. My measured o ring might be swollen from 1.3 to 1.5 . and could be the last two ? None of the JASO charts (japanese auto standards organization) I looked at had that size listed. Alot of o rings in my bussness are propietary (plumbing) and only available from the manufacture. I evan tried one of those in a petcock. So good luck.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Silo7
09 Apr 2020 08:10 #8

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart