facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Petcock Lever O-Ring

08 Apr 2020 05:08 08 Apr 2020 05:09 by Silo7.
Silo7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Topic Author
Petcock Lever O-Ring #1
Does anyone know the size of the petcock lever o-ring? Also, is the size part of the part#? I know how to get bolt sizes but don’t want to assume on the o-ring. Also, seems to be quite fussy on the exact size or leaks occur. The forum does have a part number breakdown but this didn’t help me. #214-24513-00-00, 74,75,76 DT 175,250’s.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2020 10:35
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Petcock Lever O-Ring #2
What bike are you asking about? Some of the petcocks have an O-ring in the lever in addition to the O-ring between the tank and the lever; which O-ring are you wanting to know about?

08 Apr 2020 11:04
Silo7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Topic Author
Petcock Lever O-Ring #3
All of my bikes use the same part# 214-24513-00-00, it is the only o-ring used on these with the exception of the “formed” seal used to mount to tank. It is located on the lever casting itself, not the body. It is part #30, attaching to #31 in pic attached.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

08 Apr 2020 11:16
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Petcock Lever O-Ring #4
Got it. Thanks. I have a lot of the badge bikes which don't use that O-ring, which was why I was asking.
I suggest you PM DEET or Enduronut and ask them. They seem to know a great deal about sizes and substitute parts. One of them might even have an NOS part; I know they both stock a lot of "unobtainium" parts...

08 Apr 2020 14:44
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Petcock Lever O-Ring #5
29 is the start of any fuel leak past the lever whether dripping on the floor or not shutting off into the carb [although if float valve is working then that doesn't matter so much]. But out past the lever then replace 29 & the Oring. sometimes you can sort of get a second life out of 29 by flipping it over but not the best plan in the longterm.
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT

08 Apr 2020 21:09
Silo7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Topic Author
Petcock Lever O-Ring #6
Your correct, 29 in hand and wavy washer to ensure contact. Just wanting to document actual size of the o-ring for future builds. The NOS are expensive and elusive, want an inventory of these to prevent cost and delays. Thanks for the comment, it is for sure a true statement.
The following user(s) Liked this Post RT325

08 Apr 2020 21:44
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
More
Petcock Lever O-Ring #7
I always replace #29, #32, #35, and #38. always if you are there.
The following user(s) Liked this Post RT325

09 Apr 2020 08:10
yamahoper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Petcock Lever O-Ring #8
I have tried to replace the internal parts with standard -metric and sae orings. I tried oem parts from speed n sport. I have tried repair kits from e-bay. All with limited success. I gave up and started buying complete petcocks, some cheap some expensive (oem Yamaha). I removed an o ring from a 1975 DT250 petcock It measured (all in M.M.) ID 24.5 OD 27.5 CS 1.5 The part number is 214-24513-00-00. The ID could be the first three of the second group. My measured o ring might be swollen from 1.3 to 1.5 . and could be the last two ? None of the JASO charts (japanese auto standards organization) I looked at had that size listed. Alot of o rings in my bussness are propietary (plumbing) and only available from the manufacture. I evan tried one of those in a petcock. So good luck.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Silo7

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart