facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

any recomended 12volt flasher relay

• yamahoper
  • yamahoper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

any recomended 12volt flasher relay was created by yamahoper

Looking for a 12 volt flasher relay for my 75 DT400b. I am running a Powerdynamo 12v system. There are 2 and 3 wire relays available. Also different watt. Any suggestions and or guidance will be appreciated.
04 Apr 2020 09:29 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MarkT on topic any recomended 12volt flasher relay

Unless using LED's, a standard garden variety automotive 2 wire flasher is what you want.

Something like this: smile.amazon.com/ACDelco-19209674-Origin...0031I8DO8/ref=sr_1_8

Any auto parts store should have one... the new ones are "heavy duty" and not as sensitive to bulb load like the OEM Yamaha... the ratings on new ones are "maximum loads" rather than something you have to match.

The third wire on the Yamaha flasher is a ground... on most 3 wire flashers the third wire is for the "pilot light" (dash light)... if you hook the Yamaha ground to it, you'll have a direct short... so just get a 2 wire.

P.S. Brown wire = battery = B or X on flasher
Brown/White wire = load = L on flasher
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: yamahoper
04 Apr 2020 09:49 #2

Replied by Makotosun on topic any recomended 12volt flasher relay

I have been sold on the LF-1 flasher unit which is electronic, works with incandescent or LED (without resistors) and actually works on 6 or 12 volts though it is not advertised as such.

You can get them at this link:

www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flasher...nic-flasher/193/841/

Or if you want to pay even less, you can find them on eBay, usually shipped from overseas. They are a lot cheaper from there, but take longer to get. SuperbrightLEDs is a seller I can vouch for.
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, yamahoper
04 Apr 2020 10:29 #3

• yamahoper
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by yamahoper on topic any recomended 12volt flasher relay

Thanks Mark and Gary. The superbrightleds is on backorder but available on amazon with a 3 week delivery date. I like the flexibility of being able to go led if desired. Not sure if I want to wait? Will post up when installed.
04 Apr 2020 11:41 #4

Replied by Eazy-X on topic any recomended 12volt flasher relay

I had the identical relay on my old DT175. I think I'm right in saying there's an electrical noise suppressor built into the base of the can and that's what went on mine (leaking electrolyte) causing a power drain. I just bought a cheap, 2-wire one and left off the ground connector and I can confirm it works just fine :)
04 Apr 2020 12:06 #5

• yamahoper
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by yamahoper on topic any recomended 12volt flasher relay

I bought a LF1-S-PIN 12volt flasher relay from E-Bay it was $8.50
Was able to mount it in the stock location top left in picture
Wired it like Mark said= brown white to black on flasher, brown to red on flasher
I'm running the stock front turn signals with 12v bulbs. I have not received rears that are on order.
The fronts are working as the should.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, MarkT
15 Apr 2020 15:32 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart