facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 DT360 - Cylinder Plate Washer Help

• EnduroTEX
  • EnduroTEX's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by EnduroTEX on topic 74 DT360 - Cylinder Plate Washer Help

Thank you TerryM and you were correct!!! I had the cylinder vapor blasted and had just finished painting. Going through parts bags and checking the parts diagram to make sure i had everything for reassembly and saw no plate washers. Never thought to look in the cylinder :Ugh Lot's of experience on this board and am always appreciative of the help. Also good to know this was by design and all is as it should be Enduronut
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, MarkT
04 Feb 2020 18:45 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mdscott on topic 74 DT360 - Cylinder Plate Washer Help

I had the same situation restoring a SC500, the engine was apart and I thought they were missing. The washers have serrated edges, almost a no clearance fit, so they can get stuck.
Like you said great help here.

I just joined a KDX Fourm, they are tough on you at times, not so here. One guy got razzed because he panted the engine and not the frame.
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
05 Feb 2020 08:12 #12

Replied by 2fishkev on topic 74 DT360 - Cylinder Plate Washer Help

This forum is something special. Every forum created for common interests and the exchange of knowledge should be exactly like this.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Gr8uncleal, nhsteve
08 Feb 2020 17:22 #13

Replied by nhsteve on topic 74 DT360 - Cylinder Plate Washer Help

With absolutely no intent to hijack this thread- I have discovered that the nuts holding the cylinder down come in 2 different materials, alloy and steel. My 360 had some of each when I got it.

Wondering if maybe the MX versions got the lighter nuts for weight saving? You can tell the difference for sure holding them in your hand. Would the alloy ones loosen up quicker?
09 Feb 2020 07:50 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart