facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Stator from an older model, does this fit to my DT250B ?

• Wessi
  • Wessi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
My original Stator is damaged, but I found a better one on Ebay.
After receiving it, I realized, it´s different to mine :Useless
What to do now, I am an electrical idiot. Could just install it, but maybe you have more experience than me.
The bigger coil on the top side is exactly the same on both stators, also its position on the plate. But the smaller coil bottom side is different. It´s shorter and thicker on the Ebay-item
Also the long holes to adjust the plate on the crank case are shorter, than on the original ground plate. Good new is, the position of the contact point is the same on both plates, so the spark should be right timing, or?
Lots of very special question...hope someone can help. Can I use it and would it charge and give a spark?
Last edit: 14 Jan 2020 09:31 by Wessi.
14 Jan 2020 09:00 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I don't know if this helps, but..... I once had a 1974 DT360A that had electronic ignition. As was common, the system failed (don't know what part). I had no money, but lots of parts. I took a DT/RT 3 points system and bolted the stator plate directly on the DT360A. The flywheel would not fit inside the left side transmission case. I had it machined down on the inboard side to make it fit. Wired it up and it ran fine. Don't remember the exact wiring to the DT360A harness, but it worked. I had no idea of the possible difference in the taper and key fit or the timing, but bu luck it fit.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Wessi
15 Jan 2020 17:33 #2

Should swap over & work as it should providing the flywheel you are using clears the coils. Looking at the pics i can't decide why one coil looks shorter in the windings but both look mounted the same so far as where the screws are. Might be angle of the photo. Wonder why someone would alter the slots so much or why did they do it at all, unless it's sheared off the flywheel key & they didn't realize initially. You can possibly see where the original screws were tightened on the plate you just bought so i'd just screw it up there & set the points at 14 though & give her a kick. Oh--& before starting tighten that flywheel good & proper!!. Should be a black wire so that's the only one you're worried about for spark.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Wessi
15 Jan 2020 19:30 #3

• Wessi
  • Wessi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you for your posts. The flywheel key was ok and the wheel sat perfect, no idea why the pre-owner elongated the holes. But on this bike, a lot of stupid things have been done. All rubber mounts have been removed, so all metal parts scissures. Oil pump shims on the wrong position, a wonder, this bike run, getting always not enough oil.
One of the coils in deed is shorter in total length as well as the windings. Also the mounting hole distance is different, so no chance to swap.
Anyway, motor is almost finished to get back in the frame, will see soon, if it all works.
15 Jan 2020 22:48 #4

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Don't worry about the coil differences, it'll be good, just bolt the plate on as is. Coils look good & unmarked on the new plate.
16 Jan 2020 00:14 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart