facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT 250B crankshaft bearings clearance

• Wessi
  • Wessi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Close to re-assemble the crankshaft I noticed the bearings I purchased aftermarket have C3 clearance. Today I saw in the parts list, C4 is original. Stupid question, maybe, but better don´t install? Does somebody have experience with C3 installed?
Don't want to open the cases next time again...
Comments are very welcome.
09 Dec 2019 05:00 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pillsbury on topic DT 250B crankshaft bearings clearance

C4 has more internal radial clearance than a C3. Both have more internal clearance than a standard bearing. I would go with what Yamaha used. I have not used anything less than stock ratings, but I have used other make bearings.
1970 DT1-C Grand Prix race bike
1970 DT1-C Street tracker
1968 Honda CL90
1973 Honda CR250
1974 Honda MR-50
1966 Triumph Tiger Cub
1947 Mustang
1974 Suzuki TC185
Last edit: 09 Dec 2019 09:52 by Pillsbury.
09 Dec 2019 09:48 #2

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic DT 250B crankshaft bearings clearance

Left side is super tight on the shaft & in the case & not sure what mine are but can see why they recommend C4 on the left. C3 on the right would be good as only tight in the case & shaft slides in. If you got the left bearing off the shaft easily or the bearing wasn't tight in the case then C3 will be ok on that side too. [in my opinion]. Also yamaha have steel inserts in the case for the bearing in those early days so the bearing 'should' be tight in that no matter what. One more thing & unlikely on a big shaft like that but have seen numerous small motors where the bearing on the left has been spinning on the shaft so its a loose fit but move it out 5mm or more then its tight to get off [as it should be but] but of course should be tight all the way home to the crank wheel or ya getting nowhere.
09 Dec 2019 15:41 #3

• Wessi
  • Wessi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Wessi on topic DT 250B crankshaft bearings clearance

Tank you for your reply. Maybe I was wrong, the parts list writes for the DT 250 just Bearing 6206, the DT 400 has B6306 C4 ( 72mm outwr diameter instead 62mm and 19mm width instead 16mm) so different pair of shoes. A pitty, there is nothing written on my old bearings. So I will install my 6206 C3 Koyo bearings.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
11 Dec 2019 04:45 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart