facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Another Carb Leaking Gas

• Triumphcubguy
  • Triumphcubguy's Avatar Topic Author

Another Carb Leaking Gas was created by Triumphcubguy

My 74' 250 Enduro is leaking gas from the overflow under the bowl. I have set the float level by measuring from the gasket surface to the float arm according to the manual (Duel float model).. No debris under the needle and stops fuel flow with light pressure.
I am thinking the needle is jamming when I replace the bowl because it does not have the wire retainer pictured in the manual. I have tried several float settings but gas continues a steady flow from the overflow. Am I on the right tract?
30 Oct 2019 13:02 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by 4oaks on topic Another Carb Leaking Gas

Jamming may be a possibility. You could try tapping the carb while its on the bike with the back of a screwdriver to see if that helps un-jam the needle and stop leaking. It could also be bad floats. Have you checked to make sure they're actually floating?
30 Oct 2019 13:10 #2

• Triumphcubguy
  • Triumphcubguy's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Triumphcubguy on topic Another Carb Leaking Gas

Checked all that, even turned the carb upside down and shook it but no dice. Ordered the needle & seat with the retainer. Will try that. Thanks.
30 Oct 2019 14:47 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart