facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Detonation After Boring Cylinder

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

Nice save RT! (:
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, RT325, Misumena
24 Aug 2023 18:52 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

Just another random thought & highly unlikely but did see someone do that on here, or found that when head taken off.
So getting to the point, be sure it hasn't got a 125 head gasket which will overlap the cylinder 5mm all around [10mm bore difference] then piston hits it but being soft thin copper it just pushes it up give about zero squish clearance but will run & probably knock &/or rattle. Doesn't sit outboard as far as a 175 gasket but still just enough to catch it & seal. Same stud pattern--long sleeve bolt pattern.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Misumena, Ht1kid
Last edit: 25 Aug 2023 02:53 by RT325.
25 Aug 2023 02:51 #22

• Misumena
  • Misumena's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Misumena on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

Thanks for all the advice guys! This forum is unique with the kindness and shear experience of its members - much appreciated!

@HT1KID I'll get you that video/audio after work brother! Maybe it sounds just fine and I'm inexperienced with all the sounds of 2strokes. I agree, it will probably help lots! I split the case and did the bottom end myself. It was the third one I've done. First was a Kawasaki KE125 with mysteriously placed woodscrews & silicon which held the case halves together (I ditched that project lol). Then I did a full bottom end rebuild on a 2004 YZ85. I have confidence on my re-building and mechanical work... just not a lot of riding and feeling a bike out experience. Riding dirt bikes was a childhood dream of mine but I never had the opportunities to explore 'em. A luxury experience in my world!

@ASCO I am afraid ahahaha, but none the less, you are correct!

@RT325 That is an interesting case and cool story man, I love hearing things like that. Its something I've never experienced and sounds like genuine fun! Ill make sure to keep an eye out for that gasket issue!

My projects tend to go a little slower than most with my work and all. If I go MIA for a while, my apologies. However, Ill make sure to add a video to YouTube and post it here today then wait for a few more opinions to give y'all the opportunity to speak your mind before taking the head off. I'll take a couple of videos which will be taken on my phone. Ill do one of the bike cold and one when its more warmed up. Ill giver my best with the audio!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Ht1kid
25 Aug 2023 08:00 #23

• Misumena

@HT1KID Oh! I re-read your comment - I just replaced the bearings, the same shop did rebuild my crank! sorry for any confusion.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
25 Aug 2023 08:03 #24

• Misumena

You know what boys, color me a crazy kanuck. She's probably fine honestly! I think I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Video of the bike running right after start-up:

Video of the bike running after ~20min and a ride around the block:
youtube.com/shorts/NaWxqAvxKQU

If you notice anything that's wrong or just silly about the bike feel free to comment on it!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Bent Trigger, Ht1kid
25 Aug 2023 12:21 #25

Replied by Schu on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

Very nice bike. I would just ride it and monitor if it gets any worse. Many of my bikes sound similar.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
25 Aug 2023 14:25 #26

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

I always recommend one re-torque of the head bolts after a complete heat Cycle when cold. Beautiful bike I had one brand new. I think you are good to go sounds like mine   

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

25 Aug 2023 15:25 #27

Thanks for the video. I wouldn't worry, just go ride it. Was expecting more noise & considering its a wiseco i'd just monitor it. It's carburating very clean almost too clean like half a turn lean on the idle but i'm being picky i guess because it sounds so very good, & great job top marks. Let's know after a period of time & riding. They go like hell that model, albeit not the best as a farm bike we were selling them as, being the next model from the CT1 which was tame in comparison. I've still got a heavy flywheel brass weight we had a few of made for work & somehow i ended up with this when proper AG175's arrive with heavy flywheel & mellow porting. Best of luck.
25 Aug 2023 16:16 #28

Link to heavy flywheel brass weight, made them nice for the farm & save all the kick start gear damage with extra inertia.

photos.app.goo.gl/UqQCujAzQLQ4zkUT8
25 Aug 2023 16:25 #29

Replied by asco on topic Detonation After Boring Cylinder

I always love a good horror story that turns out to be a psychological operation. I heard a slight ticking on decelerating, but nothing really out of the norm. 

“A fine mess you’ve gotten me into Ollie, may I just close my eyes and rest for a while?”

a
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
26 Aug 2023 00:34 #30

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart