facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Ignition switch

• ksours
  • ksours's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Ignition switch was created by ksours

CT3 Ignitions are pretty hard to come by and it seems pretty expensive. I have my switch and the previous owner apparently lost a key and now a screw driver is my ignition. Here is my concern. Will the anti-theft tumbler in the steering lock assembly part # 341-23408-01-00 work in the ignition? It makes sense that you would use the same key to lock the bike as the key to start it. Has anybody tried this approach yet?

Last edit: 29 Jul 2021 13:13 by ksours.
29 Jul 2021 13:13 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DEET on topic Ignition switch

They are not alike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
29 Jul 2021 14:54 #2

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Ignition switch

If you could find a donor ignition switch with jiggered wires, contacts etc, but with intact inner levers and springs, then a master locksmith with the appropriate reference book could probably rebuild it for you. 

A donor switch from any Yamaha of the same period should do, and maybe other manufacturers as well. However, I don't know enough about the components of other makes to confirm the latter.

It might be that a tumbler from any other Yamaha switch of the period might just fit straight in.  
30 Jul 2021 00:08 #3

Replied by landyr67g on topic Ignition switch

Hello - not wanting to hijack but I have the wrong ignition switch that came with my project bike I purchased earlier this year.
My bike is a '70 CT1B 175 (green) and the ignition switch plug does not match my original harness connector (ign plug is on left in attached pic. I have two brand new keys for this switch and will trade or sell if anyone out there interested.
Note: on CT1B bikes the switch is below the tank.....
Regards,
Joe
The following user(s) Liked this Post: hhookmup
30 Jul 2021 10:53 #4

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by hhookmup on topic Ignition switch

Well I have a CT1B missing an ignition switch, so I would be interested. hhookmup
15 Nov 2022 08:49 #5

Replied by DEET on topic Ignition switch

The ignition switch with a 3 pin harness is for an AT (125).
CT's (175) use a 10 wire harness.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
15 Nov 2022 10:33 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart