facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

What causes my Ct3 carb drain hose to continuously piss gas?

• Bartman512
  • Bartman512's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I pulled the carb and everything seems good to go with the floats.It will drain the tank if I dont shut off the fuel at the petcock.
15 Jun 2021 10:24 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you get junk in the carb that doesn't allow the float to close completely it will over flow.
15 Jun 2021 12:16 #2

Float needle and seat could be bad...  float level could be a little high or kick stand bent so it leans over far enough to cause the overflow when parked.

Basic rule that has always been true on these old bikes is you MUST turn off the petcock when parked.  The original metal to metal needle and seat is not a perfect seal. 

Last thing I've seen is the brass overflow standpipe in the carb can get a hairline crack in it.  Rare, but does happen.  Would leak all the time though.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
15 Jun 2021 12:23 #3

I just had the same issue, the float shaft had some visible corrosion on it so I cleaned it up with some steel wool. Had a stuck float, works perfect now.
16 Jun 2021 19:20 #4

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

I had the same problem, a grain of sand in the float valve.
16 Jun 2021 23:09 #5

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Take the carb off & turn it upsidedown with bowl off & connected to the tank & see if the weight of the floats stops the flow or see how much pressure you need to add by finger to stop it. Then go looking for a reason if you can't stop it--or look for a reason if it 'is' easy to stop, a reason like floats touching something or set too high, or as been said a fault in the breather tube in the bowl. If its overflowing down the bowl breather then its likely some is getting into the motor as that breather is pretty high--'i think without looking'. Also i was thinking brass floats not those black ones on stalks. Brass ones can get holes in--unlikely but worth a look if that type.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: LETSJET, Sneezles61
17 Jun 2021 04:46 #6

• Hercules Amadeus Amóre

Replied by Hercules Amadeus Amóre on topic What causes my Ct3 carb drain hose to continuously piss gas?

The same thing has been happening occasionally with my CT3 too. Seems to be a sticky float; hitting the carb with the butt of a screwdriver seems to fix it in my case.
17 Jun 2021 19:52 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart