facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT3 carb

• Yamrt3
  • Yamrt3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

RT3 carb was created by Yamrt3

The locating pin in my carb that keeps the slide alingned seems worn down and the slide occasionally slips off of the pin and then sticks at what ever throttle setting I'm at and stays there. I have to stop the engine and realign the slide on the pin and then it's fine till it happens again. Can this pin be replaced. I don't see any part number for it in the parts diagram. 
12 Apr 2021 15:04 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic RT3 carb

No you cannot buy it. But you can make one. I think there is a thread on here by a guy who did just that. I think his pin material was not brass but delrin or something like that. ( www.dupont.com/products/delrin.html ) Someone will remember, or you can search 'carb slide pin replacement' and see what comes up. But yes; nothing you can do that can't be done.
12 Apr 2021 16:10 #2

• Yamrt3
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Yamrt3 on topic RT3 carb

Yor're right, it looks like a type of plastic for sure. I'll look for the post. It seems to be a press fit from the outside of the carb body. At least I have a direction to go. Thanks much.
12 Apr 2021 16:25 #3

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic RT3 carb

I think you'll have to work like a dentist and go down the throat of the carb. Then you'll insert it into its hole from the inside. If the hole ran all the way through the carb wall, I think that would tend to cause an air leak when it loosened itself, wouldn't it?
12 Apr 2021 16:45 #4

Replied by DaveinSC on topic RT3 carb

Mine was missing on my DT 360 when I got it, I used drill bits to get a size on it then turned a new one out of brass in the lathe that would be a tap in fit. I think I put a dab of yamabond on it before tapping it in the hole too. It's been working fine so far. 
12 Apr 2021 17:15 #5

• Yamrt3
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Mine is definatly a thru the carb wall installation from the outside of the carb body and it looks factory for sure. It has never leaked so I think I need to drill it ot with a smaller diameter drill and press fit something inthere like what was done originally. There's one way to find out. Letthe fun begin. Thanks for your input.
12 Apr 2021 18:06 #6

• Yamrt3
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Thanks for your solution, I'm going to try the same thing. I think that's the only way short of buying an old carb body hoping that the guide is still good inside. I think I'll try to fix my carb first using your idea. Thanks.
12 Apr 2021 18:08 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart