facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Frictional Dilemma

• bradocross
  • bradocross's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Frictional Dilemma was created by bradocross

I'm sure this has been asked before (although I cannot find it in a site search).
The Yamaha parts diagram for the CT2/CT3 clutch shows that the 1st plate installed is a steel plate (#5 in the diagram) and the last plate installed is a fiber plate (#7 in the diagram). If one were to install them this way, the narrow rim of the pressure plate (#8 in the diagram) would be digging a groove into the middle of last fiber plate installed. It seems counter intuitive to install it this way. It would make more sense to have the 1st plate installed be a fiber plate that would come in full contact with the clutch boss (#4 in the diagram) and the last plate installed be a steel plate which would come in partial contact with the rim of the pressure plate. Is it just me or is the diagram backwards?
19 Feb 2021 13:59 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by JayB on topic Frictional Dilemma

Mark T answers that here in posts 16 and 17: yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/gene...utch-plates?start=10
The diagram is wrong.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325
19 Feb 2021 14:16 #2

• bradocross
  • bradocross's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by bradocross on topic Frictional Dilemma

I thought a much. I'll copy Mark's diagram and put a copy in my manual (as I'm sure to forget this).

Thanks JayB!
19 Feb 2021 16:30 #3

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic Frictional Dilemma

You're onto it. Also leave those rubber or plastic rings out that sit under each fiber--i do--if still there. Looks like No6 in the pic.
19 Feb 2021 17:42 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart