facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Front suspension fork upgrade?

Replied by PMK on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

Yes, you are correct regarding mods to the damper rod. In your case, the trackside changes and no true time to test makes sense.

If the damper rod modification specs are known, and the person has access to the equipment and skills to accomplish the change, that can give a very rewarding result.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr
30 Oct 2020 12:29 #41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by YZBill on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

I had a set of 45 ‘zokes on a bike one time. Left leg was compression, right leg was rebound. The rebound was easy to tune with oil and level. The compression, not so easy. I modified the damper rod four different times to “known” specs. None were too my liking. Finally I sent the forks to Drew Smith (Works Enduro Rider). I think I added two clicks to the adjuster, off the base setting, and never had to touch those forks again.
30 Oct 2020 13:39 #42

Replied by RT325 on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

With those long top out springs shown with the damper kit in Post#36 there can't be much fork travel left out of the original 7 inches or less.
30 Oct 2020 15:37 #43

Replied by husky250 on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

Was wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on those emulators? I just completed a "Hard Enduro" build of an '87 KDX and installed the emulators as well as the recommended springs. Honestly they are now the best forks I have ever ridden (modern included). They weren't too awfully tough to install but we went slow and took our time. That being said, this was on 10" of travel. I just bought a '72 AT1 so I could have a "vintage" racer with my "Post Vintage" bike ('82 Husky). I saw your post and am wondering how it is working on 4" of travel? This is going to be an interesting build if I can find the right people to steer me in the right directions.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr, Von
Last edit: 15 Nov 2020 07:09 by husky250.
15 Nov 2020 06:44 #44

Replied by mdscott on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

I installed emulators on my 07 Vstrom, they are know harshness over small bumps and washboard roads. I really noticed a big difference after installing. The ones I put in were a plug and play, no mods to install.
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
16 Nov 2020 07:47 #45

Replied by John Orchard on topic Front suspension fork upgrade?

Hi, would you have any pics on which holes to open for reduced compression damping? I run thicker oil to control rebound with stiffer springs, the compression just locks on big hits. Thanks, regards, John.
02 Nov 2023 15:04 #46

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart