facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Upgraded carb on trailmaster 100 ?

Replied by rkutzner on topic Upgraded carb on trailmaster 100 ?

I have transferred your notes to my file for later consideration! I'll have a ton more time when I retire next year to totally tear both my Yami's down and restore them from scratch. But I want to start with the mechanicals worked out beforehand - make sure there'll be no showstopper surprises! The bike was running well according to the previous owner before he tried to fit a larger gorgeous Yamaha motor to the bike. He didn't get very far, never even fit it up. So since I fogged it from all ends before putting it under a tarp for a couple years I'm hoping it'll run. Going to put in one size up pilot and slightly larger main only because the baffle is gone and the air is coming in through a pod through that rubber boot on top of the motor (I'm thinking the closed area in front of the carb will maintain some airbox-like pressure and it's not a CV so shouldn't be effected as much).

Where do you all get your seals and other parts from? I'm not finding any consistent sources.
07 May 2020 05:40 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by s900t8v on topic Upgraded carb on trailmaster 100 ?

Well things are probably easier here in Australia because we are metric. As was japan in 1960s. So the seals are easily found at any hydraulic / bearing place.

Yamaha has most available but not all for the l5t. The only one I had trouble finding is the main shaft seal that seals the pushrod that actuated they trailmatic from high to low range.

Yeah just me personally I don’t swap jets when reviving a dead bike because sometimes you mask bad crank seals and chase your head
Jetting when if you left it stock and started it up baffles and no air filter it would run and idle if crank seals ok but overrun and or stall with bad seals on stock jetting and airscrew set at factory recommendation .
That’s just me. Each to their own
1976 Yamaha rAG175
1969 Yamaha L5T
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
Last edit: 07 May 2020 05:48 by s900t8v.
07 May 2020 05:44 #12

Agree, I'm basically going to verify today that the stock or very close to stock jets are in there. If the missing 80 pilot is in there then I have to order a 20 - 25. For the seals, then, basically I get out my caliper, measure carefully and go order the same type. I've done that for bearings so, yeah, I didn't realize there's a world of seals out there ! This is great, getting advice from England and Australia in the same day.... !
07 May 2020 06:17 #13

Well, guys, she is together and running ! Took it around the fields on my farm, throttle cable needs replaced but otherwise it was a hoot ! Ended up with a 110 main and 22.5 pilot, just a hair up from stock but considering the intake box is gone and it's just a little K&N screwed onto the boot it needed a little richening up.
19 Aug 2020 17:50 #14

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart