facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT Oil Pumps

• landyr67g
  • landyr67g's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

CT Oil Pumps was created by landyr67g

Hello - Anyone around experienced with the details of oil pump differences? Understand there is a former resident expert, but for what ever reason I can't get a hold of him.
Questions:
Other than the color coding, what are the differences between early '70's CT pumps?  Is a "364" pulley wheel same for all models...or just torque induction motors?  I now have a 364 pulley but also a 168, R1, 49301, that are kinda matching, to not even close.  They don't show up in the 1973 service bulleten #394 and curious what they are for. 

Reason for all this is related to my previous "oil pump banjo" posting from a few wks ago.....the bike I bought had the wrong pump on it and I'm now planning to reconfigure it,and it seems like the wheel is the most significant difference.
Thanks for any comments,
Joe M
CT1B
26 Oct 2023 23:27 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by asco on topic CT Oil Pumps

A CT1-B should have a Yellow dot pump with double banjo fittings. I prefer the gasket type ( 4 ) over the copper. The flow ratings on that pump I might have on something that came from Dickie Tower’s. You need to bleed it, and set the cable adjustment.

If it was an extreme duty bike I might consider going to a DT1 Black pump but would not run pre mix in the tank like I would the Yellow…

AsHo
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: msavitt
30 Oct 2023 07:46 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart