facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Replied by RT325 on topic 1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Great work, & great satisfaction in solving it. Nice color too. Love CT1's.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: jeffshaw
26 Sep 2023 18:58 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jeffshaw
  • jeffshaw's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by jeffshaw on topic 1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Thanks everyone for your help! I was able to put everything back together this weekend and after a second carb clean I was able to get the bike started and tear around the neighborhood! The bike starts easily and has a strong running engine. Both hi and lo headlight beams work too, although very weak (is that normal?). The bike has quite a few cosmetic issues but is very complete. I plan to ride it as much as weather will allow to find all the bugs and then I want to tear it down to the frame over the winter. This is something I've never done, but I look forward to the challenge!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
09 Oct 2023 07:28 #22

Replied by RT325 on topic 1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Headlight should be very strong with a few revs on, unless it has replaceable bulbs like we have in nz & someones fitted a 12 volt bulb by mistake.
Or the tail & stoplight wires have got switched over so the higher wattage filament is dragging the headlight down, & other causes i won't go into just yet.
Ok, here's a couple-- Even seen cheapy bulbs where one taillight filament has bent over & contacted the other causing a huge drag on ac power.
I guess same could happen with the headlight filaments in a rare moment.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: jeffshaw
Last edit: 09 Oct 2023 13:34 by RT325.
09 Oct 2023 13:33 #23

• jeffshaw
  • jeffshaw's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by jeffshaw on topic 1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Great to know - I may have just let it go thinking it was an old bike thing. One thing I have noticed is that my taillight is a different shape than any of the pictures I've seen online. It doesn't have the center "lobe" on the top. It looks like is has always been that way, but maybe the whole assembly was replaced with a light from a similar bike. I'll have to investigate further...
09 Oct 2023 13:51 #24

• Ht1kid
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Ht1kid on topic 1969 CT 175 WIRING QUESTION

Taillight should be a 1154 bulb also the headlight seems dim today with all the modern Halogen and LED bulbs on the market today 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, jeffshaw
09 Oct 2023 15:17 #25

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart