facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

I will stick to keeping the three Yamaha enduros

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
For those who saw my past post selling a few bikes here and there.....I will be officially keeping my 3 old Yamaha enduros I have left. I know that may sound strange when I was dedicated to getting rid of these valuable Yamahas, but I actually want to confess that I have a strong passion for these bikes thanks to my father (DTDave). I am a full time college student paying my own tuition but luckily have 2 jobs to support not only myself but all 6 bikes (including 3 KTM 500's). As they say, once it's in your blood, good luck trying to get rid of it. This will not only give me the opportunity to try to work on these myself, but I will be preserving the past with these 3 bikes. I keep getting too many older gentlemen mentioning that there isn't enough youngsters wanting to be in a vintage motorcycle hobby like this. 

I will continue to keep the ball rolling for this hobby as time proceeds. But with proper maintenance, I hope these classic Yamahas will last a long time before rebuilding or anything major. I will go on here every now and then to ask Yamaha enduro related questions. 

Arin
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pete-RT1
03 Aug 2023 19:13 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You are not alone in your addiction!!!
03 Aug 2023 19:24 #2

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic I will stick to keeping the three Yamaha enduros

Arin, I’ve been reading your posts…
First, loosing your father isn’t an easy happening… come to terms with that… realize, we are all in line…
Second… paying attention to your schooling will pay dividends… don’t loose sight of that… you need to take care of you, no one else can do that.
Last, grab hobbies, embrace them. You WILL NOT figure them out in a few minutes.. it’s a life time of learning…
No more waffling… suck it up cupcake and look forward… You’ll do well.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
03 Aug 2023 19:40 #3

Arin,

Let’s agree that the truth will invariably help you. I agreed to work on your 1971 DT1 for free ( for 1 hour on Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 3:00 - 5:00 pm ) depending on traffic from Long Beach to Arleta. When you arrived after loading up and fought the 405 freeway after work. You had the address and an appointment. 

So, a distraction occurred ( that I immediately knew wouldn’t pan out, ) but I had made a commitment and kept it. Strangely enough, I was at the shop last night, cleaning a fan with Lacquer thinner and WD-40 so I didn’t need to throw it away. I was sweating upstairs because it was hot. I also told you I normally worked 9:30 am to 1:00 pm, I purposely worked around your personal schedule.

I do care. ——— But waffling and flaking out are not tolerated in Yama-Land. You know the reason. There isn’t enough time. We ALL have a certain amount of time, there is an expiration date, but we don’t know when?

Why you need or own 3 KTM’ 500’s remains a mystery to me as Pro Vet MX Racer, Brad Morrison only has 2 - 1996 - 500 Maico’s. He needs a back up bike..

It was mentioned “The Boss” had made certain criteria, this post says maybe not - set in stone, I don’t know. Not my business. You and I lost our fathers very young. Mine punched me in the mouth once. “Keep your word Curtis… yes Daddy….”

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
Last edit: 04 Aug 2023 07:56 by asco.
04 Aug 2023 07:43 #4

• XRArin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sneezles61,

Thank you for your post. It has been a hard 6 years without my father, but I did promise him at the hospital the day he died I would keep the ball rolling for this vintage Yamaha enduro/motorcycle hobby. I am getting these bikes dialed in right now before i start college on August 22nd. And believe me, school is important but its important to have a hobby on the side to release some stress. These bikes will be great for cruising at the desert trails. I do know a secondary mechanic who loves to work on these things all the time so once my main mechanic retires, I will have plan b. 

Arin
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
06 Aug 2023 13:05 #5

• XRArin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Asco,

I do 100% understand your concern and your time is very valuable when it comes to wanting to help work on these bikes. But again, this person who wanted to see all of my vintage Yamaha enduros last Thursday not only lied but was being a total flake to me.... Please understand that I did rip my hair off my head once this happened knowing that this wouldn't be fair to not only you but me. I just don't understand why things like this happen. So therefore, I'm keeping all 6 bikes (3 KTM 500's + 3 Yamaha enduros) for the sake of my sanity. You may not only be disappointed in me for the "flaking" or "waffling", but you should be putting the blame for those who love to waste anybody's time. I am truly sorry for all of this.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

With all of that being said, if you choose not to give me any advice or helpful tips for fixing these Yamaha enduros, I will understand completely. I WILL NOT be selling any more bikes for a long time and will be grateful for what I have at this point. 6 bikes are better than the 13 bikes I had before!!

Arin

06 Aug 2023 13:23 #6

Hold your head up, look forward! I suspect there are a few of us on here that would like a problem with owning 6 nice bikes! Even just tinkering to keep them fit enough for the next owner down the road… way down the road. Being impatient will cause more problems.
Sneezles61
06 Aug 2023 13:32 #7

• XRArin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sneezles61,

It's not that impatient.....I just hate the timewasting type people. Thats all.

Arin
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
06 Aug 2023 13:39 #8

I was referring to patience with learning about the vintage bikes…
Time wasting peeps can really cause uncomfortable situations when you have plans laid out as well.
Sneezles61
06 Aug 2023 14:26 #9

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart