facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Remember this 1970 DT1-CMX?

• SwormTours
  • SwormTours's Avatar Topic Author

Remember this 1970 DT1-CMX? was created by SwormTours

Some of you may remember I was trying to sell this bike as shown for $1000 not too long ago. Some of you may remember all the BS that was thrown at my post reference "no way is it worth NEAR what your asking", "It is not a very desireable bike", "that thing is worth it's weight it scrap" etc etc on and on. Well here is an update on the break down AFTER commissions were paid:
$305.00 for the GYT pipe
$412.00 for the frame, matching stripped bottom end and complete cylinder top end
$32.00 for the side stand
$88.42 for the front sprocket cover
$291.00 for all the rest of the parts to one buyer
Total so far is $1128.42 and I still have the tank and two spare front sprocket covers. 

So...point being is this. Just because you have an "opinion" on what you think you know or feel is right, obviously does not mean a damn thing. Most of you just tried to belittle this rare matching number bike and all of you were dead wrong. Sorry if you now feel this updated post is too toxic for your little soles, but it is the truth and some of you needed to see it so you can re-evaluate the pricing guide in your brains.

Last edit: 24 Apr 2023 16:54 by Enduronut.
03 Sep 2021 08:55 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bart.ives on topic Remember this 1970 DT1-CMX?

There was no doubt that if you parted your bike out you had a good possibility of making your goal price.  I mean parting out bikes is a well known business.  It does take additional labor and effort vice selling a bike as a whole.  So if you take your labor and time cost there is the delta.  
Be Happy!
03 Sep 2021 09:06 #2

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic Remember this 1970 DT1-CMX?

Not sure where you got those quotes from but it wasn't this forum...  

I see exactly one reply to your original post from one member who said he didn't feel there was enough bike there and suggested parting it out.  

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...-1970-dt1-cm-is-back

And yes, your original thread did get taken down because a moderator thought the ad...  first post from a new member...  was suspicious.  Lots of scammers out there.  But even in that thread I didn't see the negative comments you're attributing to members here.  

Maybe you have this forum mixed up with someplace else...  it's extremely rare to see comments like you're attributing to this forum on this forum.  The tone here is much more positive than most places.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: darinm, Sneezles61
03 Sep 2021 11:11 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart