facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

• tennbamaman
  • tennbamaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt was created by tennbamaman

Hey guys, Long story short is that i have replaced my right side seal and now i have found that my left side is leaking as well.  i cant find a fully threaded bolt in the local area.  I have read that it requires at least a 3 inch fully threaded 10m x 1.25 Will a partially threaded 4 inch 10m 1.25 bolt work?  Only other option that i have found is to order online.  If the partially threaded bolt will not work, is it possible to try to fully thread the bolt the rest of the way with a 10m x 1.25 die?  Just looking at options.  I have tried hard ware stores, the normal big stores including auto stores and factory supply stores.  I was hoping to replace my left seal this weekend but the job may have to wait.  Thanks is advance for any help. 
14 May 2021 05:46 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dieseldoc on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

Hi there, I have the tool you need. I am in Scotland, but can post to USA for £7. Cost of tool is £20. I wanted to add a picture, but it won't let me. The bolt has a 10mm x 1.25mm pitch thread 87mm long and the reduced diameter is 5.5mm x 31mm long. Bolt overall length is 120mm.
I have listed it in the Market place. 
Last edit: 14 May 2021 09:49 by dieseldoc.
14 May 2021 09:42 #2

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tennbamaman on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

Thank you, i have ordered what i think will work.  If it does not work i will reach out to you.  Thanks so much
14 May 2021 10:35 #3

Replied by dieseldoc on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 May 2021 11:30 #4

Replied by RT325 on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

As post #2 describes, the bolt steps down so it pushes right down the end inside the threaded hole where the long bolt holds the armature on. If ya using just a 10mm bolt pushing on the end of the crank i'd relieve the first couple of threads incase it damage them when tightening & giving a tap with hammer. Otherwise you might have fun getting the bolt back out. Just my thoughts.
14 May 2021 15:00 #5

• tennbamaman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tennbamaman on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

thanks and yes that is the plan. When you state relieve does that mean maybe putting on a grinder or small file ? Is there a trick to ensure it will still thread up properly? I ordered extra bolts lol as the shipping was more than the bolts, lol
14 May 2021 16:19 #6

Replied by apex on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

I made a puller out of a Honda CB750F engine mount bolt by spinning more threads with a 10X1.25mm die. It's never failed me!
Allrighty Then
14 May 2021 17:41 #7

Replied by RT325 on topic 1971 ATC1 Armature puller bolt

yep, you could remove a few turns of thread & it'll still start to thread in, might have to push to get it to bite then it'll be ok after that. Just meant do that so the flat end of the bolt doesn't get flared & not want to come out. Anyway--here's the proper puller bolt of mine that pushes right down the end. In a minute when i edit to load it.
Last edit: 14 May 2021 18:31 by RT325.
14 May 2021 18:30 #8

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart