facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1971 AT1 125 restoration questions, engine rebuild, blinkers, ect.

• razzynathan
  • razzynathan's Avatar Topic Author
Hey I'm a little lost with working on my bike, I've worked a little on vintage cars but never something with such little resources for aftermarket parts. Could someone point me towards a rebuild kit for my 125cc engine? I also am struggling to find blinkers and the switch that goes on the handle bars.

​​​​​Thanks. 
25 Feb 2021 13:44 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

from the UK Nathan.

Apologies if you've addressed some or all of these already, but less chance of missing anything out if I assume that you haven't.

1) Note down the frame and engine numbers and then go to the VIN tables in the Tech Library (see toolbar above) to determine which model you have. Theses two numbers would have been the same originally, but engines do get swapped, so look up both if they are different.
2) Once you know what you have, you can download parts and service manuals from the Tech Library.
3) For engine parts, I would start off looking for genuine Yamaha on Partzilla, CMSNL and fleabay, using the part numbers from the manual. If you need a re-bore, get your engineer to tell you which oversize he's going to have to go to before ordering piston & rings.
4) If the carb is a Mikuni, don't use the brassware out of a carb repair kit - most original parts are still available new from Mikuni and Yamaha. If the carb is a Teikei (TK) your options are more limited.
5) Switches and indicators were shared between many models - maybe post photos of your bike, to show what you have, and we can take it from there.  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, razzynathan
26 Feb 2021 00:13 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart