facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1-C Driven gear and clutch housing

• Pete-RT1
  • Pete-RT1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CT1-C Driven gear and clutch housing was created by Pete-RT1

Can anyone confirm that the radial play/take-up in this primary driven gear and clutch housing looks ok.
I understand from the manual that there is a shock absorber consisting of rubbers between the two, but as I've never seen one in the flesh so to speak I thought I'd check with you experts before I put it back together.
Cheers, Pete
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-E
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
12 Jan 2021 09:28 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic CT1-C Driven gear and clutch housing

On the CT2 we used to fit Oring 15 over the gear & into the gap between basket & gear to dampen out the movement. Should work on CT1 except i thought your gear looked larger than the drawing in the parts pic for CT2. don't confuse it with No6 which is the ring i throw away as help a weak clutch to slip. On CT2 & 3 they used to chatter mostly due to a lighter mag flywheel & a racehorse ported motor compared to a docile CT1. CT1 used to idle nice with mild porting & heavier flywheel. So back to the question--yours looks good so put it together & she'll be fine. They can get a lot more play than 'that' in which case i'd fit the Oring--actually a tapered shape on the underside by memory so it fits down in the gap a bit. Mind you it's been close to 50 years since i've done one lol so might've been just a fat round Oring. Chatter was only at idle, well only noticeable at idle.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1972/ct2/clutch
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pete-RT1
Last edit: 12 Jan 2021 14:56 by RT325.
12 Jan 2021 12:30 #2

• Pete-RT1
  • Pete-RT1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic CT1-C Driven gear and clutch housing

Thanks Morley, I knew you would know :likey
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-E
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
12 Jan 2021 14:27 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic CT1-C Driven gear and clutch housing

Not to be confused with No6--not 5 as i put, not focusing lol, changed it. cheers.
12 Jan 2021 14:57 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart