facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT175 Stumbles above 3500rpm

Replied by KTMDAVE on topic 1975 DT175 Stumbles above 3500rpm

After heading off in multiple directions to solve this I decided to replace the float bowl remote jet o-ring for the 4th time.   Instant success... I thought is was the problem initially and replaced it with what was supposed to be the correct O-ring a couple times.   After re-ordering from a yamaha parts house I decided to check the rings with a digital micrometer....  although almost visually the same the cross section diameter was a bit short.   I would not be surprised if others have fought this same issue.   However it did give me the opportunity to try a couple carbs ...both with the incorrect new "o-ring" giving the same result... but I have it timed and the worlds cleanest exhaust pipe.   Presoaked with simple green... big mistake... smells even after decarburizing with the torch.   Need to be careful with the torch method-   A buddy helped me do this to my old IT465 silencer which must have weighted 15 lbs....  heated it up cheery red and said.... turn off the gas and we'll just poor the oxygen to it....a minute later the entire molten guts flowed out the end of the pipe....needed a lighter silencer anyhow.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, akara1
Last edit: 06 Mar 2022 21:09 by KTMDAVE. Reason: typo..doh
06 Mar 2022 21:07 #51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart