facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

The SlashX Cafe in Barstow California

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

The SlashX Cafe in Barstow California was created by mx360guy

I did an epic 45 mile ride that took me to the SlashX Cafe in Barstow, CA.

It has been around for a long time. It is an oasis for off-roaders. I took some pictures .

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, david_25, JGersh, JimA, msavitt, Sneezles61
10 Dec 2021 07:11 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Scootern29 on topic The SlashX Cafe in Barstow California

My favorite memory of the Slash X in beautiful Barstool was in the early 90's. We were doing a 250 mile off road race in a class 9 car runniing second and broke about 6 miles south from there. Somehow our chase crew missed us and we got some guy to tow us to the bar after haggling with him for awhile. It was in December, cold, and dark. The gal who owned the place set us up with some burgers, beer and some smokes as all we had was our fire suits. Our crew found us about 9 at night pretty much drunk and we got comped for the evenig. Good times. 
Question authority, think for yourself!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Dirtboy, Schu, Ht1kid, adguy2112
Last edit: 10 Dec 2021 19:47 by Scootern29.
10 Dec 2021 19:45 #2

This message has an attachment image.

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by mx360guy on topic The SlashX Cafe in Barstow California

Barstool...LOL Yep it seems like a really fun place. Nice folks got me pointed in the right direction to get back. I started at the outlet center and made my way over to Hodge road and then onward from there to the the SlashX.

I rode my inherited 2001 DR200Se but want to try my Yamaha and Suzuki SP370 projects for that ride.
I am thinking about organizing a vintage DB ride like this for locals. 25 miles to the SlashX from the staging area at the Outlet Center, lunch at the SlashX and return ride. About a 50 ride around trip. My OD read 46 miles.
Let me know if this sounds like something people would be interested in.

13 Dec 2021 09:51 #3

If it was up to me I would stage around the Slash X and do a loop coming back to camp. The one thing you have to look out for is alot of the truck guys test out by the Outlet Center. You don't want to get hit by one of those. A good friend of mines son got hit and lost all use of his right arm.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
13 Dec 2021 20:18 #4

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic The SlashX Cafe in Barstow California

I'm glad the SlashX is still going strong.  I was worried they might shut down after the tragic accident about 10 years ago.

Also, some of us happen to go camping and riding a few miles south of there...  usually early March.  Funny how we seem to all pick the same week. 

This image is hidden for guests.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
14 Dec 2021 05:25 #5

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Ok good point. So sorry to hear that. I am planning to go out there again soon and will try to map out a route.  I know they stage races out there and the truck guys test during the week.

I will research it. I remember seeing event schedules for Stoddard Valley in the Cal OHV areas site.
 Don't want anyone to get hurt for sure.

Tracy Howell
West Covina CA
14 Dec 2021 07:08 #6

MarkT mentioned a ride we do in late March out of Cougar Buttes. It's also a great area with hardly any traffic during the week. Many more MC friendly trails than Stoddard. Watch for that one coming up, it's a total blast.
14 Dec 2021 09:44 #7

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Sounds like fun! I don't really have anyone to play dirt bikes with anymore so looking for new friends who ride vintage bikes. I will mark my calender for that one.
Thanks!
14 Dec 2021 14:20 #8

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart