facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT2 carb replacement

• Al3008
  • Al3008's Avatar Topic Author

CT2 carb replacement was created by Al3008

I've gotten tired of messing around with my kinda broken CT2 carb and would like to find a replacement, does anyone have experience with the chinese ones on ebay? and if those are bad any leads on any other potential replacements?
08 May 2021 10:08 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by yamahahaha on topic CT2 carb replacement

Did the replacement ball not work ?
08 May 2021 12:39 #2

• Al3008
  • Al3008's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Al3008 on topic CT2 carb replacement

oh no, that part worked perfectly! its just that the body and bowl are both somewhat pitted from prior corrosion and I wonder if that isn't affecting some stuff like the seal on the bottom of the emulsion tube and other stuff like that
16 May 2021 14:46 #3

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic CT2 carb replacement

I have a Chinese one that has worked for a pair of CT-1C's: it was on one I bought in the Phoenix area where a shop could not get the bike running with the original carb, and they bought and charged the bike's PO for the Chinese carb, and after I got the original Mikuni (Thank God they didn't just throw it away!) cleaned and working on that CT-1, I sent this Chinese carb off to a guy in IL who was having trouble with his carb while he sent his to me. This one worked fine on his CT-1C bike, and he had a few wrong parts in his, which I detailed for him and sent it back. He sent mine back, and I never heard from him again, so don't know if he ever got his working or not. But I'd send this one to you and you can try it. Just return it or buy it, then.
Seems to me that none of the Chinese carbs, though they may work, are exactly the same style and look as the original Mikunis. Because the CT-2 is a reed valve as opposed to the CT-1's piston port system, you may need to change jets. Have you got some? If not, I supposed I can see what's in it and maybe set it up before I send it to you.
If you want me to go through yours, I can PM you my address, and you can send it. Parts is parts, and we should be able to get it cleaned and working.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT
16 May 2021 20:35 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart