facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Been at it again--electrical things. TRX300.

• RT325
  • RT325's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bought this motor & associated drive parts just because it was cheap '$50' at an auction because my daily ride around here is an old TRX300.
So that was a year ago & thought yesterday i wonder if i can get it running. Not ignition box or coil.
Had carb looking sad but blew the dirt & cobwebs off & lifted the vacuum slide up & down.
So--ignition.Got two 'peak volts' from the pulser-trigger thingy.
Then tried one of my various DC cdi boxes i bought for almost nothing $16 by memory to try on something--forgotten what now lol.
I had an idea of what the terminals are on the box. What could go wrong!!.
Wired it up to my battery & SPARK--excitement overload lol.
Then lifted the motor onto the concrete drive rather than have it possibly start & jump off the bench.
Had to then remember what wires go where again without frying something.
WHAM started & sounds good. Carb pours fuel out the overflow so i guess float is stuck on the pin or worse--but she runs haha.
Wasn't sure if it was going to advance so tried again juggling things & throttle bits & sounds in with a chance.
Probably having no exhaust & partial blocked carb with no air filter restriction makes it a bit lean to not rev freely but good enough to make me think its advancing. Looking at the cdi--tci? box i used it has an advance altering screw but not going to play with it--had my fun for the day--parked it back down the farm.
Lifting it from ground into my Vitara farm vehicle just about blew out me FooFoo.
Hell it was heavy. Lifting from farm bench to vehicle to home bench wasn't so bad as almost standing straight.
No wonder i'm shorter than i used to be--well last accident caused that!!.
Anyway--Video or two. Sorry no exhaust. Didn't notice oil pumping out from the drive box at the side that goes forward to the front 4wd drive.
At least it's pumping. Great joy when you see spark doing something stupid like this. Hope the videos play.
Second video i'm holding the phone & juggling many things so not a good watch but can hear it wanting to rev free-ish not holding on retard.
photos.app.goo.gl/FX3Q66euNweTfPHK7
photos.app.goo.gl/seAg47JJ2RbsVARg8
photos.app.goo.gl/Juv5fdvt8yTnincE6
photos.app.goo.gl/Tz3BAeaSvvvV6JTh8
photos.app.goo.gl/LHGNwdPgbLdBaSga7
youtube.com/shorts/MRNC6t6DWC4
youtube.com/shorts/Th7MYQQQL-Y

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, pahiker
Last edit: 12 Feb 2024 13:05 by MarkT. Reason: Insert videos
12 Feb 2024 12:43 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RT325
  • RT325's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Mark, cheers for inserting vids. I must learn how to do 'that' to video's & photos.
But did wonder if 'not' doing so saves space on the site seeing it gets overloaded. Or am i confused on how it works.
I'm not very computer savy but sort of get through somehow lol.
12 Feb 2024 15:57 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart