facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

• Tinkicker
  • Tinkicker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts was created by Tinkicker

Regard this as a safety valve blowing and rather than flaming an individual, I am shouting at the moon as I am sure many others would like to.

I am finding it hard to swallow the disingenuous tactics of a certain member on here and his apparent alter ego.

After much studying of this members posts, it is obvious that he/she/they (choose pronoun of your choice) have very little appreciation of basic engineering principles, yet they with much benificence of thought, think to offer advice on topics far and wide on this forum.
The fact that this advice appears to have been gleaned from extensive social media reading, rather than from personal experience or knowledge is fairly obvious. 
Answers requiring in depth, precise technical knowledge have been steadfastly ignored,  yet those seeking advice away from the proven, well trodden path, and an invitation for advice based on hearsay and tiktok opinion have been courted most assiduously.

More disturbing recently is that this member, when challenged about the inaccuracy of his posts by the forum experts appears to have made up another account.  The purpose of this account being to support the opinion of the other when challenged.

This forum has a easy hand on the tiller.  The user in question should be thankful of that; multiple accounts, esp ones made and used for the sole purpose of backing up erronious advice that has been challenged by hard facts by a more knowledgeable member, would on 99% of other forums have resulted in an instant and permanent ban on both IP addresses or in the case of a VPN, both accounts closed when reasonable confirmation of wrongdoing has been established.

The member in question should bear this in mind.

To offer poor advice is human, we have all done it and will continue to do it.
To get our asses handed on a plate because of it is a humbling experience. 
To double down using a second account to back up the original stance just because our ego cannot take the embarrasment is purile and disingenuous.

Bad advice kindly meant can cost an innocent individual seeking help a lot of money and is something to be sorry about.
Bad advice by a member, willfully backed up by the same member after being challenged, using a second account is just plain and simply malicious.

​​​​
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1, OldBlue77
17 Aug 2023 17:16 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MarkT on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

The "rules" on this forum are minimal...  Yet it still remains THE BEST BEHAVED forum I have ever seen.  That is 100% due to all the members here. 

Thank you Tinkicker for expressing your frustrations in a kind and respectful manner.  And I am certain your sentiments are shared by many about certain members... past and present. 

I'm not sure the multiple account situation is meant to be fraudulent or deceptive though...  It's possible the member tried to sign in from a different device, could not remember the log in credentials, and instead of solving that issue like most of us would, simply signed up with a similar user name?  Impossible to know.  But certainly plausible.  That said, your opinion is also valid.  It's been confusing to me at times. And direct questions to the user(s) on this point have gone unanswered. 

One other thing I've learned over the years is "this too shall pass" is usually the case. 

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva, Ht1kid, Tinkicker
17 Aug 2023 18:38 #2

Replied by asco on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

Only having one ego is bad enough. An alter ego must be strenuous on the self as two wrongs don’t make a right. Email me privately with more information. I would appreciate knowing.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
17 Aug 2023 19:31 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

Umm, Ok, i must've been asleep that day & hadn't noticed. Advantage of being old i guess, ya miss things & don't even know it !!.
There's probably a lot of inacurate advice given but all with good intensions with everyone wanting to help [even by me who thinks he know #@!& everything lol] but i seem to be finding out often there's still a lot to learn especialy with electrics. The trick i think is to sift out what doesn't fit as an answer to your problem &--pull pants up & carry on. Gotta be careful to NOT say 'NA that's not right ya know-all'. Mr Know It All from 'MX Action' would say [RT325 you realy should have known] & it 'was' all in fun. But it's too easy to offend people these days.
Not sure how that reads--just started of short then edited. Rant Over.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2023 22:52 by RT325.
17 Aug 2023 22:31 #4

• Tinkicker
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Tinkicker on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

@MarkT
 Your willingness to give the benefit of the doubt is commendable.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: asco
18 Aug 2023 00:34 #5

Replied by yam-fan on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

From the recent series of 100's of posts detailing the purchase and "restoration" of a DT175, it looks like the restorer is an expert in just about every subject under the sun, and it's great that he has chosen to share his expertise, with mere mortals..................
18 Aug 2023 01:31 #6

• Tinkicker
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Tinkicker on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

Thank you for those kind words.

However, I fear you appear to be overseen in me. I do not know everything under the sun, for instance..

I know nothing about Astrophysics other than the simplest of concepts. 
I have to admit also, that I know very little about the mating habits of the Outer Mongolian, Lesser Three Ringed Toad, nor indeed its close cousin The Outer Mongolian Two Ringed Toad.

Rather than basking in the sunshine of your complement; I much prefer to take the stance of Socrates.  The only thing I truly know is that I know not very much at all.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

​​​​​​
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, AirborneSilva, nhsteve, Ht1kid
18 Aug 2023 06:09 #7

Replied by DEET on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

North Carolina state motto:
"esse quam videri"

To BE, rather than to SEEM.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: littlemilo, JGersh, asco, Ht1kid
18 Aug 2023 13:24 #8

Replied by rsmith56 on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

I can see some concern. As a new member, I would not know who was giving correct or incorrect information/ help. I guess I will need to be more cautious. As parts and bits become more limited and difficult to obtain, I would hate to damage or ruin them. Maybe number of posts would clue me into those with more experience. I try to stay abreast with all new posts, tho I only own a CT3 and a PW50. I do notice that there quite a few members who spend a lot of time answering technical questions, providing research info, advising of parts/service sites, and so forth. That should be deeply appreciated by those of us with lesser experiences.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu
19 Aug 2023 18:16 #9

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Innaccurate Advice and Dual Accounts

Good lord, I leave the site for a couple of weeks and then I miss what's going on and like Morley (RT325), I'm left confused (again

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

). 

I take most advice from people I know little of but when peeps like Mark T, Alan (gr8uncleal), Deet, RT325 and a few others give said advice I listen and heed their advice, they've been there and done that!  I personally only give advice when I've learned it from the above mentioned folks or I've learned it by trial and error myself. 

Like Mark T said, this site is the most friendly/helpful site I've ever been on and I've been on quite a few! 
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: littlemilo, RT325, JGersh, Gr8uncleal, RT1, Ht1kid, msavitt, Sneezles61, goatboy56, rsmith56
20 Aug 2023 08:44 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart