facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

The AT175 Sleeper Project!

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Makotosun on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Still need to dial the whole thing in. Not sure I have the timing spot on, and will work on jetting after that. It is running a bit fat or so it seems, so not too worried, but thanks for the reminder. I would hate to burn a piston as this one is ceramic coated!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
14 Jun 2015 17:20 #41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by apex on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Just read the whole thread...excellent build!! Bike looks GREAT!! Love the tasteful mods and the imitation tank badges, I've wondered how those would look on a bike, and they don't look too bad. Looks like my CT1 will get a set of those.
Allrighty Then
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
15 Jun 2015 08:58 #42

• Makotosun
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

So an update. I still am running the bike with the seat of the pants timing setup, but it is getting more amazing each time I ride it!

The combo of the Sleeper Pipe, the ported top end and the new ignition from Powerdynamo, is nothing short of amazing. It literally takes no effort to crank the bike which almost always starts up on first kick after warm up. Fresh starts never are more than 3, usually a choke stroke and a fire up stroke!

To demo how well it works I did this little clip:

I will be adding more in my PowerDynamo review, but wanted to get this out to you all.
20 Jul 2015 00:52 #43

Replied by Enduronut on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Wow . . that truly is one of the easiest starting bikes I've ever seen!! :likey

Control your thoughts . . . or your thoughts will control you!.!
Don't aim . . . and you'll hit your target every time!
A wise man knows . . . he isn't!
Failure squared . . . equals success!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
20 Jul 2015 04:36 #44

Replied by FBR on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Nice!
13 Mar 2016 09:05 #45

• Makotosun
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thought I would re-awaken this old thread to keep all the info together.

I spent part of Saturday in the driveway working on bikes :woohoo: best day in a long time.

I pulled the AT1 out and installed the PBI 17" countershaft sprocket I had referenced in another thread and get things all buttoned up then a ride down to the car wash to clean off some mud which had been hanging on since the last ride.

I have a few more things to do to this one which include getting some proper repop tank badges (these were what was available back when I first did it). I have some NOS originals, but don't want to put them on a rider :EEEK

The bike has the ported 175 top end from Enduronut, a Webco head, 26mm carb, a Sleeper Pipe from Meis and DVM and one of the cool aluminum air cleaners from AT1Guy. All in all a very nice little package.

You can see the side cover is the narrow CT version, because this bike also has the Powerdynamo CDI conversion ignition. I still want to do a little adjusting with timing on it as I think it might have a slight retard going.

The other job to do is swapping the 18" front wheel for the 19" off of my 75 DT175 and spooning on some Vee Rubber tires in the proper original sizes. These will have the same proper vintage trials look tread. The slightly narrower tires should also add to throttle response.

All in all, I am incredibly happy with this bike as everything works as expected, it is easy to start and ride, and just elicits a ton of smiles whenever it is ridden. It also has enough performance to keep it very entertaining!

I will need to bring this down to the next Hungry Valley trip if I have room on the trailer!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pillsbury
20 Mar 2016 18:20 #46

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Enduronut on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Nice . . . .

Question for ya
Did you use the 19" front backing plate as well?
Just wondered if the tire diameter is the same, or what effect it might have had on the accuracy of your speedometer??

Control your thoughts . . . or your thoughts will control you!.!
Don't aim . . . and you'll hit your target every time!
A wise man knows . . . he isn't!
Failure squared . . . equals success!
20 Mar 2016 18:42 #47

• Makotosun
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Makotosun on topic Re:The AT175 Sleeper Project!

I have not yet installed it, but believe I can use either one as they appear to use the same brake setup.

With the slightly narrower tires (the current front is pretty wide and tall) it should be close enough.

Sent from the Cloud
20 Mar 2016 19:16 #48

Replied by PeacefulJeff on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Will the Powerdynamo link above also fit the 1969 AT-1 125cc? Or is this the correct CDI conversion kit? www.vape.eu/yamaha-ct1ct2ct3-at-m-yamaha...-later-version-130mm

Thanks!
07 Mar 2019 06:59 #49

Replied by MarkT on topic The AT175 Sleeper Project!

Powerdynamo has been sold to VAPE due to owner's illness.

I believe this is the correct VAPE kit for an "electric start" AT... note that you will not longer have an electric starter, kick start only.

www.vape.eu/yamaha-dt125-e

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: PeacefulJeff
07 Mar 2019 16:55 #50

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart