facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Engine power DT 125E vz CT/DT 175

• daniel-jaros
  • daniel-jaros's Avatar Topic Author

Engine power DT 125E vz CT/DT 175 was created by daniel-jaros

Hi
What is the top speed of a 1977 Yamaha DT 125E type 1G0?
What is the maximum speed to keep the engine from breaking down?

If I rebuild it to 175cc how much will the engine power and speed increase?

Will taking the baffles out of the exhaust to leave just the wrapper literally have an effect on the power increase as well.
Thank you typing via translator from Europe Czech Republic.
Daniel
29 May 2023 07:35 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Engine power DT 125E vz CT/DT 175

I know you have a few different post going on the site & you've probably seen my ugly old AT1 [175 top end] from an earlier post tonight that i linked.
I see this post not answered so i'll fill it up with a couple of videos [sorry haha] which might give you an idea of performance upgrade between you 125 & my 175 [that was a 125]. I have 'very high gearing' on it because its such a willing motor. Two videos coming if i can work it. First video the clutch obviously slips quite bad. But second video around the track it stopped slipping. I must've burnt the glaze off the plates, or the rust from sitting for a long time.
Videos coming soon.
30 May 2023 04:58 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic Engine power DT 125E vz CT/DT 175

Drag the second video along as is pretty distant & boring but just to show how it accelerates as a 175.
Drag both videos along as go on for a bit. First one i should have to write out 100 times--i must not rev the poor old bike that hard--haha.
Mine is magneto ignition not electric start.

Last edit: 30 May 2023 05:11 by RT325.
30 May 2023 05:07 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart