facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

JT2 MX tire question?

JT2 MX tire question? was created by Kbel

Hi, I'm new to the forum.... looking forward to advice from you all!  Firstly.... does anyone know if the JT2 MX had the same tires originally as the non-MX JT2?  Mine seems to have a more aggressive lugged tire on the back (although worn) and a enduro looking tire on the front.  I'm not sure which would have been correct.  Any insight would be appreciated.   

I searched for days for new MX style tires, but could only find trials tires in a 2.5x15.  Finally, i found one option on ebay for an mx looking tire.... NOS Riken 2.75x15.   It felt like winning the lottery coming across these... so i thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested (cheap also). I believe there are 4 remaining at the time of this post.  Just search in Ebay for NOS Riken 2.75-15

Cheers! 

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
27 Apr 2023 21:09 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Enduronut on topic JT2 MX tire question?

Welcome to the site Kbel

The front tire is the original. . . it was made by a tire manufacturer called Nitto ... and I believe they still exist today.
Thanks for sharing that eBay find, I'm sure someone here can use them.
Control your thoughts . . . or your thoughts will control you!.!
Don't aim . . . and you'll hit your target every time!
A wise man knows . . . he isn't!
Failure squared . . . equals success!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Kbel
Last edit: 27 Apr 2023 21:31 by Enduronut.
27 Apr 2023 21:29 #2

Replied by dubepj on topic JT2 MX tire question?

Just bought a new tire from Yamaha Dealer. Only place a could find one. i guess 15" is hard to find. Was about $49.
10 Aug 2023 07:41 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieMini Enduro ManJames Hart