facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT360 Bogging Help!

Replied by RT325 on topic DT360 Bogging Help!

Still sounds like muffler blocked. Not the main exhaust but spark arrestor way down in the tail muffler. Sorry if i've been here & said that. Old age has me repeating stuff lol.
Run it without the complete tail muffler & give it good rev out--if you can stand the noise. Be sure you can poke a bot of garden hose in past where the muffle pipe ends in there as can carbon over at that point. But ok you've burnt it all out so i'm not making sense--again. Video is good--held wide open for a listen.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2023 16:22 by RT325.
23 Sep 2023 16:16 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pulser coils play up on those although if faulty on advance it wouldn't get past a slow idle. If faulty on the first half then wouldn't start at all. Think that's how it sort of operates on the early ones.
I see you say it 'revs & idles ok until under load which would be good to hear as in theory if its the muffler as bad as i'm thinking then shouldn't rev when not under load--maybe rev up a bit on a light throttle but not a full song rev. I'm probably way off the mark so don't follow me too far down the rabbit hole.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2023 16:34 by RT325.
23 Sep 2023 16:28 #12

I had this copied to past. Not sure why now but think i was looking to see if it had a high speed coil, but its just a lighting coil piggy-backed onto the ignition source for somewhere to put it.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...a/cdi-magneto-dt360a
23 Sep 2023 16:55 #13

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart