facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Yamaha YM2C 305 project

• robrd
  • robrd's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by robrd on topic Yamaha YM2C 305 project

Thank you everyone for your comments. The levers have no damage or marks so if they have been bent, who ever done it, did a very good job, it looks like they would protect your fingers if you were to scrape along a wall or tarmac. I have taken the heads, barrels and inspection plates from the motor, the crank case was full to the brim with nice fresh oil, so it was put up with the intention of looking after it. The gear box also was full of good clean oil. The barrels are in really good condition with no scores or damage. the heads also, apart from one has a couple of the fins have been broken, still useable but for the fussy amongst us they are easy and cheap enough to get hold of. The pistons don't look as though they have been used that much, inside they are very clean and also outside no discoloration so it could be that the motor was looked at before putting it away. Also the crank appears to be good, I can't feel any play in the bearings, the gearbox looks very clean engaging all the gears so I think all should be good with the motor. The place I got it from tried starting it but they said it kept locking up, no wonder with all that oil in it! When i took the exhausts off the oil poured out of them. I have cleaned all the cases and am in the process of etch priming them ready for the silver grey paint, I will try to get some photo's taken, when the wife is available, and down load them for you all to see. Thanks for your interest.
25 Aug 2022 01:59 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robrd

Hope these come through ok. All paint work done in etch primer ready for primer, silver then blue on the tank, panels etc. Frame stands etc black.
02 Sep 2022 14:21 #12

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• robrd

and some more
02 Sep 2022 14:25 #13

• robrd

As you can see, no ware to the barrels and pistons, the previous owner looked after it well.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
02 Sep 2022 14:28 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart