facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

voltage regulator

• oldfart666
  • oldfart666's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

voltage regulator was created by oldfart666

single yellow wire from voltage regulator on my 1976 dt400. The lead doesn't seem to reach any connectors(mounted on air box by carb.) Says it connects to the headlight. But that's a long way from mount. :unsure:
10 Jan 2017 13:12 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DEET on topic voltage regulator

Splice or in some way connect it to the yellow wire coming from the stator.
You could also extend the wire to the headlight bucket. If you do this, it has to connect to the blue wire that feeds the dimmer switch.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
Last edit: 10 Jan 2017 16:15 by DEET.
10 Jan 2017 16:13 #2

Replied by Makotosun on topic voltage regulator

On the 76, there should be a socket very near where the regulator is mounted. That was stock on that bike, so the wiring harness is slightly different than on a 75. If you can't find it, someone has removed it. It is color coded, so it should be yellow.
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, nhsteve
10 Jan 2017 18:15 #3

Replied by Wessi on topic voltage regulator

Sorry for picking up this old post again, I found it, searching for connecting possibilities of my Regulator. It´s mounted on the air filter box of my DT 250 B. For me it´s not clear, where the yellow cable from the regulator originally joined the main wiring harness. Was it installed into the joined connector behind the air box (above my thumb in the photo)? Or somewhere else?
My regulator cable leads from a yellow into a brown, what leads nowhere. Think the brown is not right, was installed from previous owner
I don't want to install it onto the headlight, but have read the regulator is more efficient, if it´s located with more distance from yellow stator cable
25 Sep 2019 16:23 #4

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart