facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

I'm keeping/fixing the 1974 SC500

Replied by RT325 on topic I'm keeping/fixing the 1974 SC500

To have a 'profesional' mechanic go through it is all very well & good.
But don't forget it's 50 years old & S#*t still happens.
Possibly best to still carry on & try sell it for a good price & i'm surprized it hasn't gone to a collector already.
Was it listed on Ebay or Facebook--or somewhere.
The ballancer & components would be what was removed.
If the parts are still around a buyer might want them including the oil pump for orignality but maybe not to fit.
If ya run it just keep it plenty oily & plenty rich in the carb settings.
95 bore [or 96 if max oversize]. Its a big bore. YZ490 [500] is only 87mm by memory--because it goes up & down further.
17 Jul 2023 18:46 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by XRArin on topic I'm keeping/fixing the 1974 SC500

RT325,

As I mentioned on a earlier post, only scammers and people who want to get the bike for next to nothing were the only ones who asked about it. So therefore, it's not worth it to try to sell again. But instead....I will have it fixed and put new seals in to help- make the bike dependable. It has been rebuilt by the previous owner so all of the bearings, crank, bushings should be all fine. He did tell me he removed the counter balancer and a few other not so dependable components.

I hope I can sell my 1969 DT1 250 once I get the lighting hooked up because my mechanic is retiring this December since he worked on bikes like these for over 50 years. The proceeds will help to make this beast the king of the desert!

If anyone reading this post would be interested in a restored 1969 DT1 250 with title/current registration + original black and yellow plate, please private message me and will put you in line for this bike. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Arin
Last edit: 17 Jul 2023 19:01 by XRArin.
17 Jul 2023 19:01 #12

Here's one with lights fitted. Now that brings back scary memories as fitted lights to our shop one to help sell it as an enduro bike after a season of motocrossing.

Last edit: 17 Jul 2023 19:25 by RT325.
17 Jul 2023 19:23 #13

Ok, sounds like you have the best man on the job so that's good.
18 Jul 2023 03:15 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart