facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT and DT175 cylinders?

• Yamfan
  • Yamfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

CT and DT175 cylinders? was created by Yamfan

I wonder has anyone altered the porting in a CT175 cylinder to the same as a 433 DT175?  The exhaust port in the later cylinder, is very different to the CT ones, some of which have a blowdown hole above the top edge of the port. 
31 May 2023 04:31 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic CT and DT175 cylinders?

Umm--i guess you mean a reed type CT not CT1 piston port. So going along that line the only cylinders with [call it] a blow down hole is our AG175 cylinders which are essential;y CT3 [CT2 CT3] cylinder with constipated porting. So has me thinking you've found one of those.
I believe the AG175 was common to us in NZ & in OZ-- AU plus South Africa, but maybe UK too.
If that's what you have maybe just get a CT3 cylinder with better porting or bigger exhaust port. Those holes were always carboned up on farm bikes at servicing time but can't remember if we bothered to cleaned them out. Was just to soften the kick for starting & as they remained open down into the exhaust port outlet they sounded sort of fluffy & chuffy at idle. When carboned up they sounded normal & ran a bit stronger.
I fitted one of those cylinders onto my AT1 20 years ago but was a slug. Ran perfect but no top end. So put it on my RX125 with same result of course but was torquee & good with high gearing for the road.
Funny [or not] but the TY cylinder [& Ag head i run on my CT1 these days is a rocket & revs off the scale with no end it seems. [stand back she could blow].
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
31 May 2023 04:56 #2

• Yamfan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by Yamfan on topic CT and DT175 cylinders?

TY175 porting is pretty much exactly the same as DT175 (433). I have 2 or 3 CT3 cylinders, and one of them has a Gas Gas reed block fitted. Looks as though KX85 VForce might well be better though.

For trials applications, the smaller exhaust port of the CT3 might work well. The very long front pipes fitted to trials bikes, seem to reduce the performance potential?
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
31 May 2023 05:38 #3

Replied by daniel-jaros on topic CT and DT175 cylinders?

have a question if CT and AG cylinder have the same power?
The AG 175 motorcycle supposedly had reduced power but how was it reduced?
By the cylinder?
By the exhaust?
Or the carburetor?
Thank you Daniel
31 May 2023 12:07 #4

By the cylinder porting in my experience. Designed for following dairy cows home to milk.
Not following racehorses around the track haha.
Ag exhaust is very much CT3 with a long end baffle sticking out at an angle.
Hope that translates ok.
ps, any DT 175 type cylinder should fit that use the 4 long bolt holding down idea.
Possibly even YZ125A & beyond up to 1976 X model. Comparing base gaskets works good--well head gaskets too but base shows if the transfers hjave got bigger wider better etc.
They're all 56x50 bore & stroke & 4 long nuts holding down
Last edit: 31 May 2023 23:24 by RT325.
31 May 2023 23:11 #5

• Yamfan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by Yamfan on topic CT and DT175 cylinders?

Maybe the AG175 is based on the 125 cylinder casting, which has ducts which are smaller than the 175 ones?
31 May 2023 23:22 #6

Hello.The translation works fine.I'm sending the cylinder from an AG 175 that I.bought via ebay from Australia to me DT 125E.I think the Ag model had the power reduced by the carburetor.The cylinder appears to be the same as the CT.

01 Jun 2023 00:02 #7

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Isn't the exhaust duct smaller?
Or is it the same as on CT or DT?
Thank you.
01 Jun 2023 00:10 #8

Too long ago for me.
Need two cylinders side by side to compare.
Think i have the port measurements for a CT2 in my folder but not an AG cylinder.
But if i scan the page of CT2 & post it then maybe you could compare to the Ag you have.
Got to see if i can make that happen first, i'm not that good on scanning, got to wake up my old computer haha. I'll see what i can do.
01 Jun 2023 02:36 #9

Ok, if this works it's from the CT2 page. CT3 page is the same. Hope it can be expanded clear enough. If not, then i'll take a photo of it & try again. 
01 Jun 2023 04:05 #10

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart