facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment

• Patroll330
  • Patroll330's Avatar Topic Author

Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment was created by Patroll330

I'm squeezing my clutch handle and can just get the clutch to disengage . How do you adjust the clutch on these bikes, I know very little on this but usually always figure it out . Any help appreciated . I adjusted the cable to about as much as I can.
18 Aug 2021 14:52 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment

Have you checked the manual for your bike in the Tech Library above, in the tool bar? Each manual explains the procedure clearly, often with pictures.
18 Aug 2021 20:08 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment

If it feels like its lifting for the full movement of the handlebar lever--or close to full movement--i'm thinking there's something internal going on with the clutch. Is the clutch dragging --" hanging on in gear" & trying to pull you along when you want to sit stationary in gear.
18 Aug 2021 20:20 #3

• Patroll330
  • Patroll330's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Patroll330 on topic Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment

No ,its not trying to pull its as if its got to much clutch and needs to release it.
19 Aug 2021 09:03 #4

Replied by RT325 on topic Yamaha DT125B clutch adjustment

Umm--umm umm. So am i thinking back to front. Is it slipping, as in revs rise without acceleration in speed. Sorry if i'm not quite on the case. DT125B according to this link, has adjustment screw 25 on the actuator which you could back off a bit. I was thinking yours is the different shape motor like 175 in 1975. Just need a bit more clarity of how it's behaving please. Is clutch burnt out. You'll soon know by smelling the oil by removing the dipstick by the kickstart--trans oil i mean.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1975/dt125b/clutch
Last edit: 19 Aug 2021 17:47 by RT325.
19 Aug 2021 17:45 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart