facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT360 & Mint 400 - Let me hear it!

• abowman
  • abowman's Avatar Topic Author

DT360 & Mint 400 - Let me hear it! was created by abowman

Hey All,

My dumb brain is thinking about prepping my DT360 to run the vintage class at the Mint 400 in March. No dreams of winning class, just making it through.

1. Am I a total idiot?

2. What would you do to a relatively stock 360 to prep for 80 miles in the dessert?

so far the list is..

- Progressive Shocks w/ medium springs
- Clean and re-seal front fork
- Remove lights
- New knobbies
- Weld up custom bash plate

Best, Alex
10 Nov 2020 08:36 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by run103 on topic DT360 & Mint 400 - Let me hear it!

I just did a 120 mile cross country on a DT 400 and I used stock thermal flow shocks and the front forks had new 10 weight oil The ride was OK considering the age of the bike but bottomed severely on surprise bumps so what you suggest is the right direction. I would give up some plushness for stiff suspension for a ride like that and install a K&N air filter. The bike sucks its air from under the seat so a lot of dirt comes in the airbox from the back wheel, so a little duct tape in the area of the intake will preserve the filter. The motor is a rock as long as you keep the air clean and the ignition dry and clean. Seal up the connectors also. Just my 2 cents
Doug
10 Nov 2020 09:26 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart