facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT250B (75) Front mudguard stays

• Andy L
  • Andy L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

DT250B (75) Front mudguard stays was created by Andy L

Hi to all on the forum. I'm getting towards the end of an 18 month resto on my DT250B and trying to sort the final fiddly bits out. It has a 21" front wheel with the 'wrap around' style front mudguard (fender) so I'm looking for the TWO chrome stays that go out front LHS and RHS to attach the mudguard to the forks. Having done a lot of looking on-line I do know 19" stays will also fit the 21" wheel. Can I find any on line now...aarggh !! I have done a search here on the forum and that came up with some useful leads. tytim you had a thread on 'stays' but the embedded link doesn't work to direct me to the website? Ideally I'd prefer to buy here in UK to keep postage costs down, but to be honest I might have to import from the U.S. and just accept the Int'l postage costs. Can anybody help please? Very best regards Andy L.
12 Jun 2020 01:07 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT250B (75) Front mudguard stays

Bit of a long shot here Andy, but you could try messaging ebay user twowheelspares (aka DK, the big importers) to see if they've got any in a parts bin somewhere that aren't on ebay yet. They must have dismantled some AT/CT/DT/RT bikes that had a trashed front mudguard, but where the stays are ok.

They do say contact them if you can't see the part that you're after!
12 Jun 2020 02:00 #2

• Andy L
  • Andy L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Andy L on topic DT250B (75) Front mudguard stays

GR8uncleal thanks for the advice re: twowheelspares site and I've text them today, so as the old saying goes 'there's two chances'. BTW I'm in Suffolk. Andy L.
12 Jun 2020 06:52 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart