facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT400 B Gearbox issues

• Mccurds
  • Mccurds's Avatar Topic Author

DT400 B Gearbox issues was created by Mccurds

My bike is slipping out of 3rd gear. Thinking of buying another gearbox complete so is it only 1975 and 1976 gearboxs that fit or is there any other years that interchange. Feels like worn dogs on the gear …. any ideas
Thanks
11 Mar 2020 10:52 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic DT400 B Gearbox issues

I agree it's most likely worn dogs [on both meshing gears male & female] & the selector will have suffered too. Only other thing that might contribute is if the sprocket nut was 'very' undone so the shaft can move to the right a little which will reduce engagement. So far a what fits--can only guess any of the same shape motor cases & even the 250 which is probably the same box anyway. I'm sure you know but 3rd is 19 into 20 plus the corresponding selector in another page. Plus check the drum for chipping at the high point of in gear. Cheers. & detent spring & plunger but if it's still there then won't be that. People [not you] take that out to drain oil & the bits end up in the oil tray & cap gets refitted lol. But then all gears are up the creek.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...ission-250b-c-400b-c
11 Mar 2020 15:11 #2

• Mccurds
  • Mccurds's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Mccurds on topic DT400 B Gearbox issues

Will whip engine out and split gearbox as I am still running with worn dogs or damage to selector drum as all other gears are running perfect. Think if there was movement in either shaft other gears would be affected.
12 Mar 2020 07:27 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart