facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Routing and securing wires and tubing around the engine area 74 DT360A

• WillyH
  • WillyH's Avatar Topic Author
I know there is a routing diagram in my owners manual but I find it difficult to understand. It's also microscopic.

Can anyone direct me to some good photos of this bikes left and right sides around the engine so I can figure out how to route and secure tubes and wiring?

Here's what I have now, kinda ugly and those wire covers are oh so stiff and cracking....thank you.

15 Feb 2020 16:21 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am currently routing my wiring and cables and I'm having similar problems. It helped my understanding of where the the wiring was located when I installed my air box. I currently don't have my oil tank installed. I think there is a bracket that attaches the wiring to the engine case on the left side. Hope this helps.
22 Feb 2020 08:59 #2

You may be many steps ahead of me at this point but this is where I am currently. It really helped when I realized the main wiring harness went along the inside channel of the oil tank instead of at the bottom as I originally thought. I think I may be right as the wires are are easily connecting now. :)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: nhsteve
08 Mar 2020 18:48 #3

It's been a few years for me but I do recall the 'main' harness running very close to the top of the oil tank, between the tank and the frame rail. The pic showing the front neck looks correct.

War story: I had a devil of a time getting mine to start one time after I had taken the tank off (for some reason). When I put it back on, I inadvertently caught the black plastic junction piece with the front of the tank and dislodged the cable(s) to the point the bike would not start. I did not have the wire clip your pic shows holding that junction in place. This was when I discovered just why it was there in the first place! Live and learn. :Ugh
16 Mar 2020 12:15 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart